Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Classic Rock Songs – Organ

Top Classic Rock Songs – Organ

<P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>I’m interested in creating a list of 50 – 100 (or more)Classic Rock Songs that an Organ (Hammond or other) played an important part is shaping the sound we consider “Classic Rock”.</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o><FONT size=3 face=Calibri></FONT></o></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>I’ll start with some of the most obvious...please add your favourite songs which influenced you and your playing...</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><o><FONT size=3 face=Calibri></FONT></o></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Time of the Season</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>I’m a Man</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Gimme Some Lovin</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Good Lovin’</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Green Onions</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>House of the Rising Sun</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Don’t Let Me Be Misunderstood</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Let It Be</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Light My Fire</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Hold Your Head Up</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Smoke on the Water</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Black Magic Woman</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>With a Little Help from My Friends</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Louie Louie</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Green-eyed Lady</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Highway Star</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Stormy Monday</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Statesboro Blues</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><o><FONT size=3 face=Calibri></FONT></o></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Let-r-rip...</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri></FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>(Add the registration if you feel inspired to)</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri></FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Regards</FONT></P>
    <P style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt" class=MsoNoSpacing><FONT size=3 face=Calibri>Alan</FONT></P>
    1957 C3
    1959 B3
    1960's M3
    XK3-C
    Roland VK-8M
    Nord Electro 3
    Leslies - Pair of 251s & PR-40, 122 22H (converted) 147, 3300

Former STUFF
    Two 1940's CVs; 1959 M3; 1959 A100; 1940's D
    Leslie 45
    XK1

Re: Top Classic Rock Songs – Organ

Just few that come to my mind:
    </p>

</p>

Fire</p>

Child In Time</p>

Since I've Been Loving You</p>

Oye Como Va </p>

Indian Ropeman (by Brian Auger)</p>
    Hammond L122
    Leslie 147
    L100 modifications: www.gietek.me.uk

Can't forget the "Heavy Metal Thunder" of Steppenwolf! Goldie McJohn reshaped the face of organ overdrive in rock (with BTBW &amp; MCR). I'd add 2 more Santana's to the mix. Soul Sacrifice and Evil Ways put them in the history books of Woodstock and Latin Rock. Danny Ferderici of Springsteen's E St. band defined "Jersey Shore Rock" with his B3 on songs like Hungry Heart and many others.
    </p>

BBB
    </p>
    http://www.petty-larceny-band.com/

Yamaha DGX-300
    1959 Hammond M3
    1961 Hammond A101
    VB3 with M Audio Axiom
    1975 Leslie 130 upgraded with V21 top rotor, tube amp, wood lower rotor
    1972 Leslie 825 upgraded with top rotor, etc.
    2011 Neo Ventilator
    Casio WK-7500
    Yamaha P50m Module
    Yamaha MM6
    Casio PX-5S

also......Set me Free-Vanilla Fudge!
    http://www.petty-larceny-band.com/

Yamaha DGX-300
    1959 Hammond M3
    1961 Hammond A101
    VB3 with M Audio Axiom
    1975 Leslie 130 upgraded with V21 top rotor, tube amp, wood lower rotor
    1972 Leslie 825 upgraded with top rotor, etc.
    2011 Neo Ventilator
    Casio WK-7500
    Yamaha P50m Module
    Yamaha MM6
    Casio PX-5S

Don't forget the greatest one hit wonder of all time "96 Tears". I'm also a big fan of "Roadrunner" by Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers. I know, I know, not Hammonds, but still great.

Hold Your Head Up -- Argent </p>

Hush -- Deep Purple</p>

The Barbarian -- Emerson, Lake and Palmer </p>

Living Sin -- Emerson, Lake and Palmer</p>

</p>
    1962 Hammond B3 Chop w/1967 Red Cap Tone Generator
    1974 Leslie 147/145
    1961 Hammond F-100 Extravoice
    1962 Hammond F-100 Extravoice
    1963 Hammond F-100 Extravoice
    1971 Yamaha YC-20
    1966 Wurlitzer 7300
    1977 Yamaha CP-70

Uno, dos, one, two, tres, quatro .........

Thank You</p>

Brain Damage/Eclipse</p>

Turn on you Love Light</p>

Think</p>

Green Eyed Lady </p>

Venus</p>

Dear Prudence</p>

Second that emotion</p>

Let's spend the night together</p>

76 sailors
    </p>

Switched on Bach </p>

Fanfare for the Common Man </p>

</p>

the last two are used to segue several ELP songs together. Fun for all.
    </p>

</p>

</p>

The one songthat cries "organ" to me: A Whiter Shade of Pale </P>

A few more: </P>

Easy Living</P>

Fooling Yourself</P>

Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)</P>

Walk of Life</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

exp</P>

I love the organ in "Carry on My Wayward Son" (Kansas) - although maybe that's not an "early" enough example to make the list.</p>

Also: "Thank You" (Led Zeppelin)</p>

Expiano: +1 on "Whiter Shade..."</p>