Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Magnavox Home Organ

Magnavox Home Organ

Hi. I have in my house a magnavox home organ from de mid 60's that my father inherited from Grandpa. Since I can remember, it doesn't works.
    My brother is studying electronic engineering and we thought we can try to repair it.
    So, I ask you for information about this kind of organ. I attach some photos of it.
    DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0004.jpgDSC_0008.jpgDSC_0006.jpg

Hello, Gradlon;

I have a service manual for your Magnavox. The price is $15 + shipping; if interested, email me at
    <jan@theorgangrinder.net>

. . . Jan
    the OrganGrinder

You're going to learn a lot about organ repair fixing that. Take Jan's advice and order the manual before getting started.

Which information it includes? It includes some kind of circuit plan?

The amplifier and speaker setup in that organ looks incredible. Trust me, that thing will shake your fillings loose once it's repaired! I have a lot of experience with Magnavox tube radios from this era. They sound fantastic. If that same technology is in that organ, it'll really sound great. It's worth fixing, IMO.

Gradlon and all;

The service manual contains schematics, many photos and everything there is to know about the Magnavox line of organs.

. . . Jan
    the OrganGrinder
    <jan@theorgangrinder.net>

Bolingbrook-Woodridge-Lisle suburbs of Chicago

Trust me, I sold Magnavox audio new in the 60's and '70s along side Hammond, Fisher stereo, Steinway pianos, and a myriad of other brands. You may be "wowed" by the technical points of engineering in a picture, but musically (after all this is meant to be an organ) they were near the top of all our lists of duds. Today it is merely an oddity and curiosity, much like a yugo, not even the merit of an Edsel.
    Larry K
    Bolingbrook, il

Hammond Colonnade, Aurora Custom, Digital Piano for now
    Retired: Hammond L-102, M-3, S-6, H-112, B-2+21H+PR-40, B-3+21H.

Quote Originally Posted by handyczech View Post
    Trust me, I sold Magnavox audio new in the 60's and '70s along side Hammond, Fisher stereo, Steinway pianos, and a myriad of other brands. You may be "wowed" by the technical points of engineering in a picture, but musically (after all this is meant to be an organ) they were near the top of all our lists of duds. Today it is merely an oddity and curiosity, much like a yugo, not even the merit of an Edsel.
    Interesting. That thing has five speakers, including what appears to be a giant 15" woofer, and likely has push-pull 6V6 output tubes. If that were a hi-fi, it would blow the doors off most anything else produced at or around the same time. Too bad the fine Magnavox technology didn't translate into the organ world. At the very least, though, I'm sure it's gotta be loud!

model number

I have a service manual for a model 1A30/1AB200 and it looks like a solid state unit. as was previously stated only good for a novelty. There can't be to many of them left though.

I had this same model organ as a teenager but never photographed it. Thanks so much for the pictures. It brings back great memories. Did you happen to take any close ups of the stops and knobs. I would appreciate seeing those, if you did. do you still have the organ?
    Rick Nay