Thread: Blackpool Keyboard Cavalcade 2018

Blackpool Keyboard Cavalcade 2018

Don't know if anyone on here made the event this week but my goodness how it has changed regretfully. A much smaller event now with just a couple of traders exhibiting Korg and Tyros...sorry Yamaha keyboards. Entertainment was so so and the usual faces from the 90's with the addition of DirkJan on Bohm and Ms Hirchfield of the Wersi fame which were a welcome lift.

A last minute addition dealer wise was the appearance of the only organ on sale thanks to Musicworld of Northampton that being the Viscount Legend KeyB. I sat playing it for a time really enjoying the realistic Hammond sound and all those drawbars. Its a fine instrument and that sound most of us love so thank you Musicworld for brining it as well. Quite a few pros popped in to play it as the event was open doors due to not being wrist banded and we had a minor jam going on Tuesday which was perhaps the unofficial highlight for me.

Claudia was playing what I believe was the latest of the Wersi organs which sounded a bit thin to me but it could have been the Yamaha speakers they used. We really enjoy DirkJan on that Bohm 480 and he explained its due to go in for a rebuild and update so it will be interesting to see what he gets back touch screen and all.

The highlight for me was getting to play the Viscount KeyB Legend have to say and what a fine instrument it was.
    HAMMOND XE200 Special Edition

1 members found this post helpful.
    Thanks for the report. Agree the Legend sounds great. And the romantic in me likes the idea of Italy still making organs.
    Last edited by seamaster; 05-18-2018 at 11:24 AM.

The Tyros has long gone, its Genos now.
    According to the adverts Music Traders (Orla/Ringway/Bemore) was supposed to be there, did they not turn up, as it would have been nice to get a 3rd party opinion of the Bemore.
    DirkJan must be going for the Sempra upgrade which should be interesting, I wonder if he will also go for the cloud studio.
    Thanks for posting your report; it’s always good to hear a number of different opinions.

Bill

Any news on the apparent demise of Wersi Direct? Assume Claudia was there representing Allens?

Hi all Bill you wouldn't think Tyros was dead if you had seen them on sale and the myriad of owd folk trying to play Tyro files on Geno. I must admit I did find it funny as quite a few were unable to play the older files for some reason but the labour of love to try and get them going turned into a mission particularly as they had a Geno for the talent show. Felt for a chap who loaded USB file wouldn't take to the new box but eventually it did albeit in another key than he was playing in. Les Dawson lives!

Nice to see DirkJan again as we had only seen him a few nights before as well at a gig with a similar programme but still enjoyable on that Bohm. We will all be looking forward to see what they do to his instrument a little later when he is away on hols and returns.

Nothing said on the Wersi issue Sea but I'm sure it will all come clear in the future.

I should have mentioned some of the organs that favoured the stage along with the Genos presence as well. We had Mr Stace and one of his collection of Yam HX1's. A rather beat up Roland, Yam AR100 stripped into some MDF and painted white to make it lighter think that was about it.

No Music Traders as we were told Paul was poorly so hope he feels better soon which is why the Viscount KeyB appeared I believe and most welcome to quite a few people to have a go on it. Would have been nice to have a Bohm there again but not to be.

Took some pictures so will sort those later.
    HAMMOND XE200 Special Edition