Thread: Lowrey Celebration LX/500

Lowrey Celebration LX/500

I just found the subject organ for sale and I am considering purchasing it. It is under $3000. I really know nothing about this organ as my wife and I are just starting to take lessons. I know this was a top of the line organ when it was introduced by Lowrey. Can anyone tell me any particulars about it. It would be very helpful in my decision. I am 72 years old and do not want to keep upgrading as I progress, as the people where we are taking lessons from suggested. At 72 I don't even play long playing records.The person who originally owned it is in a nursing home and supposedly played it very little and it has to be sold. Thanks for any information.</P>

Bob</P>

Re: Lowrey Celebration LX/500

Hi Bob</P>

Best advice I can give you is to join the Yahoo Lowrey group at http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/lowreyforum/</P>

There are plentyof people on there who will not only know the organ very well, but they'll also be able to guide you on the price. Less than $3K for a big Lowrey sounds good to me, but they'll know for sure. You'll find me there - same name - but I'm UK based so can't really tell about about US values myself.</P>

Andy</P>
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Kawai SR6 + Leslie 760 Walnut
    Retired Organs: Lots! Including Hammond T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2012 Pacemaker. Kimball something-or-other.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145, 760, 710, 415 x 2.