Thread: Hammond XK-2 Trouble

Hammond XK-2 Trouble

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 5pt 0in; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'">I have a hammond XK-2 that recently ceased to work properly. When turned on, the message displayed something to the effect of : "Memory Lost, please restart". However, after restaring the keyboard, I recieved the same message.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 5pt 0in; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'">I replaced the Lithium Battery. After doing this, the keyboard, Leslie switches, vibrato/chorus switches, and drawbars all seemed to function properly...as well as the volume, reverb, and overdrive controls. <o></o></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 5pt 0in; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'">However, the LED display screen reads "A1 Preset REC Select Bank" and I can't change it. None of the upper panel buttons work...(percussion, Edit, and presets) These do not function.<o></o></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 5pt 0in; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'">Does anyone know what I might need to do to solve this problem. Everything else seems to be working properly since replacing the Lithium Battery. <o></o></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 5pt 0in; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'"><o></o></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 5pt 0in; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman','serif'"><o></o></SPAN></P>
    <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: normal; mso-pagination: none; mso-layout-grid-align: none"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'"><o></o></SPAN></P>

Re: Hammond XK-2 Trouble

Sounds like it needs a reset. Have you looked for how to do that in the manual? (Hold certain buttons while powering up kind of deal)</p>

George
    </p>

Re: Hammond XK-2 Trouble

Have you had any recent luck with your unit?</P>

I just read your post and have the same organ sitting dead in my garage with (I think) the same problem. I was unaware of the battery. I'll crack the case this weekend after looking at the message on the screen. I haven't used it for 6 months and have been hauling around an M3 on wheels since. I'm used to the M3 now but it's a pain to haul just for practice. </P>

Oh is the battery a common item or does it have to be ordered? I'll keep you posted after I replace the battery and find a reboot process.</P>

Good luck with you XK-2. </P>

Tom</P>