This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome To The New Home of The Organ Forum

As many of you know, the Organ Forum as been experiencing on-going problems since June 14th when the site was migrated by our hosting provider to new servers. Based on seven years of experience with them, we expected that the problems would be resolved rapidly. Unfortunately, that was not the case and after a frustrating initial week of near disasterous fumbles on their part, it was decided to institute a backup plan in addition to the efforts to get the immediate problems resolved.

It was decided that should it become necessary to abandon our relationship with our host, that we would also abandon the Community Server Forum software that the forum had been running under. This change would allow us more flexibility in chosing a host as well a providing new features to our users that Community Server did not offer.

Over the past three weeks, we have been migrating the data from the old forum to the format required by our new VBulletin software. As might be expected, this was an involved and imperfect process.

Here are some of the things you are likely to notice:
    • Avatars did not migrate. We are hoping to be able eventually migrate them from the old site, but in the meantime, feel free to go into your profile and add them a new.
    • Profile information may be incomplete. The new Forum also has a much richer set of profile information, so please take a moment to update your profile.
    • Signature information may be incomplete. Please take a moment to update it.
    • Photo Galleries are handled differently. Each registered user automatically is assigned picture space. For those of you who had galleries on the old site, we are working on moving those pictures to your user space here. Again, feel free to reconstruct your gallery in the meantime.
    • Forum appearance is not finalized. Expect some changes in the way the Forum looks over the next few weeks.
    • New Posts between 7/4/2010 and 7/11/2010 were not migrated and are lost. Sorry.
    • New Memberships between 7/4/2010 and 7/11/2010 were not migrated and are lost. Sorry. Please register again.
    This past month has been frustrating for all of us on the Organ Forum, but with our new software and host, we're looking forward to a brighter future. Thanks to all of you who expressed your support over the past few weeks.

=Admin
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Hi Admin!
    Is there anyway we can send your updates like this post to all members?

While not everyone might want general email subscriptions, I reckon major changes from the admin's desk would be handy to receive.
    I noticed that the posts which were recently put up have slipped off in the new migration, folks waiting for urgent replies might like to know to repost their questions, I think.
    I'm keen to comment on Geo's delicious looking Yamaha FX1. P'raps I'll be the first to post a new thread in Home organs. How cool is THAT!!!!!
    Thanks for all of your brilliant work, may this be the end of your major headaches...
    Cheers,
    -Brendon
    -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-
    -1967ish Leslie 122- -1975 T500 (modded..chopped, and reassembled!)-
    -DIY 760 FrankenLeslie/rat hideout-
    -1980 Electrokey Electric Piano- -Yamaha electric Harmonium (early 80's?)-
    -1990 Jansen GMF150 amp- -1992 Korg 01W/fd- -1992 G&L S-500 geetar.

Comment

The "what's new" column was huge this morning. A whole page of posts!!
      I don't know whether you changed any settings to keep a longer history or if there have just been a lot of folks posting.
      It's fantastic!

Thanks a ton.
      -Brendon
      -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-

Comment

Wahoo! Cool!
        I've just this moment seen to the right of the forums page the "new posts" etc column.
        That's absolutely brilliant!
        Cheers admin.
        -Brendoon

Comment

Working...
        X