X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Outage Summary & Current Status

Timeline
    June 24 - 29 Multiple outages due to server crashes. Longest outage was a little over three hours, but outages were typically ten to fifteen minutes in duration. Crashes due to high connectivity and bandwidth usage likely the result of hacker activity.
    June 29 Additional safeguards installed on server to foil hack attempts
    July 1 Site stable for 24 hours for the first time in a week
    July 6 First report of a user being unable to connect to site. Site has been continued to be up and stable since additional security upgrade.
    July 7 - 10 Three additional users complain of being unable to connect to site in normal manner. Some able to connect using proxy site or mobile device, but not home network. Some able to connect with some browsers but not others. Site continued stable.
    July 11 Detailed examination of server logs show that some connections are being blocked due to malformed http requests that the security software is identifying as suspicious as they don't meet protocol standards. Problem for legitimate user could be the result of:
    • User's browser
    • Browser plug-in
    • Use of proxy server
    • Malware
    • ISP filtering or site cacheing.

Security settings were tweaked and previously blocked users report being able to connect again.
    July 12 Site continues to be up and stable. Users that continue to have problems connecting should:

• Update their browser to the current version
    • Clear their browser's cache and cookies
    • Close then reopen the browser, and try again by entering http://www.organforum.com/forums into their browser's address bar.

If problems persist:

• Try a different browser
    • Disable browser plug-ins and extensions.
    • Scan for malware
    • contact Admin via PM or email admin (at) organforum.com after taking above steps. Include time of connection attempt, any error messages displayed, your username, your location, browser version, and ISP in your communication.
    Last edited by Admin; 07-13-2015, 11:57 AM.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

I'm SO glad I'm not one of the people affected this time around! I got so discouraged a couple years ago, when I and two other users were (apparently) the only ones being blocked, I just quit posting for a long time. Back then, I just couldn't get on from my home computer no matter what I did, though I could get on from my wife's laptop. Both computers running the same version of Windows, the same version of Chrome, all updates done, on the same network, both with the same anti-virus and anti-malware software, and many of the same applications installed.

Never did figure it out. I even did a low-level re-format of the hard drive and re-installed everything from scratch, still no dice on that computer. Now I have a new one with Windows 8.1 and I don't seem to have any problems. But man, when it was affecting me, I was so bummed!

I appreciate all your work on our behalf, Admin. I am friends with at least one of the guys who seems to be locked out right now, and I know he's been ragging you quite a bit on another forum. It's only because he loves this forum so much! As we all do!
    John
    ----------
    *** Please post your questions about technical service or repair matters ON THE FORUM. Do not send your questions to me or another member by private message. Information shared is for the benefit of the entire organ community, but other folks will not be helped by information we exchange in private messages!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds...97551893588434

Comment

Working...
    X