Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allen Organ Owners Group

Yahoo Groups Are Closing
    As you might know, Yahoo is in the process of closing their groups. Although these groups can continue to exist as mailing lists, they will no longer have a web presence and their message archives and files will no longer be available. A few members of the Yahoo Allen Organ Owners contacted me regarding moving the group to the Organ Forum and I have agreed.

Because the Yahoo! Group discussed both church and theatre organs, their message archive does not fit into the existing Organ Forum organization. Also, some of its members expressed an interest in keeping both the members and group together in their own area. For these reasons, I've decided to activate the previously unused Groups feature of the Forum. Groups are accessed through the Groups tab at the top of the page.

The actual URL for Owner groups is
    https://organforum.com/forums/social-groups/owner-groups

Allen Owners Group Membership
    In order to import the Yahoo message archive, it was necessary to create Organ Forum membership counterparts for members of the Yahoo! group. These memberships are merely placeholders and are based on the Yahoo username with aog_ as a username prefix. You can assume that any username in that group beginning with aog_ is simply a placeholder and that those names have no physical presence on the Forum which means that you will not be able to contact them using Forum messaging and they will not respond to Forum messages and posts directed to them. Yahoo Group members can elect to have their placeholder accounts merged with their Organ Forum account which will then cause their Organ Forum name appear in archived messages.

Accessibility
    Unlike other areas of the Forum which are publicly viewable , the Allen Owners Group is only viewable by those signed in to the Organ Forum. If you wish to post in the Group, you'll have to join it by clicking on the Join button, but all Organ Forum members will be able to view its contents.

File Archives
    Also completed is the importation of the Yahoo Group's files to the Gallery. They can be found here
    https://organforum.com/gallery/index.php?cat=5

Conclusion
    With these files and the over 34,000 messages from the Yahoo Group's archive dating back to 2001, the Organ Forum will house the most extensive collection of Allen Organ information anywhere. As this is the first social group on the Organ Forum, there's likely to be changes and adjustments going forward. Feel free to message me with questions, suggestions, and comments on this subject. All feedback is welcome.

Thanks for your participation.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Thank you, Admin for your work!

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Working...
    X