This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back!

Hello everyone, I apologize for being away for so long, seeing as I'm still a newb in the first place. Things have been quite crazy, but I'm ready to be back in the game here at TOF.</p>

Anyway, I have lots to talk about with everyone. I hope everyone is doing well!</p>

</p>

Re: I'm back!

Welcome back - I wasgone over the summer too.</P>

[quote user="jskumro"]Anyway, I have lots to talk about with everyone.[/quote]Such as...?</P>

Comment

[quote user="jskumro"]

Hello everyone, I apologize for being away for so long, seeing as I'm still a newb in the first place. Things have been quite crazy, but I'm ready to be back in the game here at TOF.</p>

Anyway, I have lots to talk about with everyone. I hope everyone is doing well!</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Welcome back gorgeous...and you too Soubasse [:)]
      </p>

Comment

Such as?</p>

Lots of things, played my first mass, went to Prague, CZ in June (super nice Organs there), working on playing part time at a new Church.</p>

Also, transferred to a new school, which is going well.. yada yada.</p>

</p>

Anything new around these parts?</p>

Comment

Not so much going on here lately[:|] but I'm hoping folks are just momentrarilyoccupied with getting back to school/work.</P>

Congratulations on playing your first mass - was it an enjoyable experience?</P>

It'sgreat thatyou went to Prague [Y] it is such a beautiful city, manywarm-hearted people. I've played several organs there;onetricky thing-the stop names are in Czech (of course!) [:P]</P>

Which churches did you see? Did you go outside of the Czech Republic? Was it your firsttrip to Europe? Questions, questions...</P>

Comment

[quote user="soubasse32"]

It'sgreat thatyou went to Prague [Y] it is such a beautiful city, manywarm-hearted people. I've played several organs there;onetricky thing-the stop names are in Czech (of course!) [:P]</p>

[/quote]</p>

That's not a big problem [^o)] --when in doubt, check with your translator.[:P]
            </p>

Comment

My first mass went really well. The overall response was good. I have discussed here how the organist at my Church is fairly low quality. It made me feel great that so many parishioners came up to compliment and thank me for my work, it made me feel great. I was thinking that this would be my big break at my Church, and I might begin playing often. But alas, in the months since I have not been called for any work.. I have been told that our Priest has been too afraid to "kick" the Organist off the bench. Well, more on that later.</p>

Being in the Czech Republic was spectacular. I went to Prague with some members of the Symphonic Chorus I sing with. We went to perform Verdi's Requiem at a former concentration camp in the city of Terezin. It was a very memorable experience.</p>

I've decided to start another thread on my trip, that way I can share the experience with other members of the forum.</p>

Comment

Working...
              X