Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Organ Hell! The eternal shame! You are punished!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Organ Hell! The eternal shame! You are punished!

<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma, Arial, Helvetica; font-size: 12px; ">

As a result of a rather unfortunate incident involving your mother-in-law, a rather large organ pipe and a slippery floor, you have somehow found yourself in the fiery depths of Hell! Appalling!</p>

You are overcome by a terrible stench as a fiend with horns and a tail staggers towards you. The abominable apparition looks suspiciously like Virgil Fox! He points to a big smouldering cave in the distance. It is your punishment for eternity for living such a wicked and sinful existence! Even worse, you can hear an increasing terrible din of out-of-tune organs playing the worst tunes imaginable, some sounds are even analogue! Rising above the screams of pain and satanic torture are strains of dodgy 1960's 'lounge music', Messiaen played in Werkmeister III temperament and John Rutter's Magnificat/Gloria/Requiem (can't tell which it was because they all sound so similar)....</p>

What organs would be accompanying you in Hell, you evil and depraved sinner!</p>

</p>

...or perhaps you are going to Organ Heaven:http://organforum.com/forums/thread/111508.aspx</p><div>
    </div></span>

Re: Organ Hell! The eternal shame! You are punished!

Magnavox console(yes there were such things, ugh).</P>

Of course having lived through the zenith(no pun intended)of the home organs of the 50's 60's and 70's, I cannot even begin to list the abominations I have witnessed that still give me palpitations thinking about them.Hopefully, most of these things are resting peacefully in dumps and resale shops around the world, sort of like an old organ hell. Besides, if I did name them, I would probably elicit some fanatical response of how wonderful Heathkit or Seeburg or Minshall organs were, and grossly offend some passionate group.</P>

Best I shut up now.</P>
    Larry K

Hammond BV+22H+DR-20, Celviano for piano practice
    Retired: Hammond L-102, M-3, S-6, H-112, B-2+21H+PR-40, B-3+21H, Hammond Aurora Custom, Colonnade.

Comment

Thousands of Magnus Chord Organs, with the blower barely working, accompanied by several tube vintage organs with leaky tubes (aka valves), so there is considerable extraneous squeals (my folks had an old Lowrey Holiday - ok, it wasn't old when they had it - that had a leaky tube. Turn it on, and shortly, after the tubes warmed up, there was about an 5,000 Hz squeal. Didn't find out about the "leaky" tube until they traded it in and the technician identified what the squeal was).

Comment

The tinny squeaky Thomas Troubador spinet that the local funeral home had.

Comment

[quote user="Greg"]<span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica; font-size: 12px;">

</p>

...You are overcome by a terrible stench as a fiend with horns and a tail staggers towards you. The abominable apparition looks suspiciously like Virgil Fox! He points to a big smouldering cave in the distance....[/quote]</p>

Greg, what is Virgil Fox doing in Organ Hell??? Abominable?? Ouch.</p>

annnywaaay</p>

There would be a Baptist choir singing contemporary anthems, accompanied by a digital piano set to "organ." There would be a Catholic congregation, mumbling "Here I am, Lord" accompanied bya tiny unified Neo-baroque Schlicker in a cave of a sanctuary. Ken Lord and Booker T are down there too.</p></span>

Comment

Virgil eh? I always thought his 'music' seemed to be a little gothic!

I'm not going to have to worry about meeting him or any other fiend, as all my reed organs play appropriate music. ( I must confess, my Yamaha FX20 does stray at times) Anyway, on my death bed, I have arranged to have all my reed organs burned to the ground. That way, when I wake up in heaven, they will be up there waiting for me! Who says you can't take it with you?

Just joking of course. I don't own these pieces, but view myself as their temporary keeper. I am hoping there will still be qualified keepers many decades after we pass along.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
              What organs would be accompanying you in Hell, you evil and depraved sinner!</p>
              All of those that I didn't donate to science upon my demise.
              -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
              Leslie 147 #F7453 in the queue.
              Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

you can hear an increasing terrible din of out-of-tune organs playing the worst tunes imaginable,
                Sounds like my music room when I'm playing...

Comment

Working...
                X