This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roland Atelier AT10S HELP NEEDED

Help. My roland atelier AT10S has started to develop a big problem. After playing for about 2 mins the sound gets destorted ie crackling cum buzzing. I switch the organ off and I switch it back on again and the problem has gone away, but the problem returns again after a couple of mins. Any ideas. Peter
    Current organ-Technics GA3

ex organs - Lowery Citation, Technics EN4, Gulbranson theaterum, Roland AT15
    ex piano - Yamaha YDP131
    ex keyboards - too many to mention

Re: Roland Atelier AT10S HELP NEEDED

Looks like the AT-10S was made in the early nineties. Many products made during that period *may* be experiencing the "capacitor plague" problem. Early surface mount capacitors were poorly made and now are leaking. This material is caustic and damages the circuit board.</p>

One way to tell is there is usually an odd smell associated with these capacitors. Kind of a musty or fishy smell. Have you noticed any odd smells when it gets hot?</p>

Geo
    </p>

Comment

Geo,</p>

The Roland AT-10S was part of the S series of Ateliers. This was the third generation of them. Thus, it was made in mid 2000s. The chronology of the Ateliers is as follows (with approximate dates from memory):</p>
      1. AT-XX (1994-1999)
      2. AT-XXR (1999-2003)
      3. AT-XXS (2003-2007)
      4. AT-XXSL (2007-2009)
      5. AT-XXX (2009-present)

I hope that helps.</p>

Allen
      </p>
      Currently own: Roland Atelier AT-90, Yamaha 115D, Roland DP-90SE, Yamaha PSR-S910

YouTube Channel

Comment

Yeah, wasn't sure of that. Since it's a stereo product, do you notice this happening in either or both speakers?</p>

Geo
        </p>

Comment

Hi, Cant smell anything. Peter

ex piano - Yamaha YDP131

Comment

It happens in both speakers. Today when it happend yet again I picked up one side of the organ add the distortion stopped but after a couple of seconds started again. Peter

ex piano - Yamaha YDP131

Comment

Hi again, Went out and bought some headphones and when the organ began to act up I plugged in the phones and there was no crackling or destortion, just the lovely tone of the organ. Does this mean that the main speakers are the problem? Peter

ex piano - Yamaha YDP131

Comment

Between the headphone signal and the speakers are IC-3, IC-11, and the discreet two channel amplifier. Apparently there is a problem somewhere in those components or their associated circuits. I doubt it's the speakers.</p>

Geo
                </p>

Comment

Many thanks . Peter

ex piano - Yamaha YDP131

Comment

Hi
                    I am having the same problem with my at10s and was wondering if anyone has found the problem yet??

Lee

Comment

I have aquired a service manual for this organ if anyone is interested

Comment

Working...
                      X