This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha CVS-10 Expander

Can anyone please advise me if there are special cables required to connect the CVS-10 Expander to my Yamaha Electone MC600 organ? I can't get the organ to recognize the expander. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Madronjim

Re: Yamaha CVS-10 Expander

I don't have information on that particular unit, and since no one else has responded, I will give you some hints on expander modules in general that are MIDI devices.

First, a MIDI cable, usually a 5 pin DIN to 5 pin DIN connector will go from the MIDI out of the organ or driving keyboard to the MIDI input of the expander module. Then we must take the generated audio signal(s) and send them into some sort of audio system... either back into the main organ's audio or to an external audio amplifier speaker system.

The next thing is that the expander has to have the appropriate voices selected to the appropriate MIDI channels being output by the organ...

Often you must set the expander to a "multi" mode so that separate channels on the organ sent from the different manuals or pedals, go to the appropriate voices in the expander.
    If the "multi" function is not selected, often ALL the manuals and pedals will trigger the same one voice in the expander.

These are a few hints for you... remember that the ORGAN DOES NOT RECOGNIZE the expander, the expander listens for the MIDI messages from the organ and generates appropriate audio outputs...

Fred

Comment

Re: Yamaha CVS-10 Expander

Hello Fred, Thank you very much for all your help. I did exactly as you suggested and all is now working correctly. Regards, James (madronjim).

Comment

Working...
      X