Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Estey Organs ca. 1990s-sold by Fletcher Florida- made by?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estey Organs ca. 1990s-sold by Fletcher Florida- made by?

Hello forum members:
    Here I sit in the middle of the best buyers market in the world. I have purchased 3 Technics models this past year for less than $1000.00 for all. Gave away a nice F3 to our Church and sold a mint EA-5 for my cost $250.00 to another small Church. Kept a nice G100 for the wife.
    Looked at Craigslist today for another Technics to give away to a chapel and saw a couple more Estey Organs listed. I think Fletcher Music here in Florida sold several thousand of these back 15 years ago as an entry level for Senior citizens. Of course they then tried to upsell the old timers.

I have an 1879 Estey reed pipe top at home and know Estey went out of business in 1960 so Fletcher just used the label name. My question is; who made these later models? Are they worth a two hour drive to pick up? Sound any good for a small chapel?
    Thanks
    OGC5

I'm sorry you haven't received any responses yet. That's probably because you've posted it in the wrong Forum.

Admin,

This post may get more attention if moved to the Reed Organ forum. I only clicked on it because I knew Estey wasn't making organs in the 1990s.

Maybe that'll get you more attention.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 4 Pianos

Comment

Estey name was used by Fletcher.

Hello Michael:
      We have a 1879 Reed Organ (a pipe top) Estey and a Technics G100, I am a member of the Estey Museum and know Estey went out of business about 1959-60. Fletcher is a large dealer and evidently sold thousands of organs in Florida back in the 1990s with an Estey nameplate. I think these were sold as an entry level organ to seniors to sign them up for free lessons. The group lessons were used to upsell to a higher priced model.

My guess is that the organs were made in Italy or Asia, many are for sale now here in Florida as the senior citizens pass them on to a family member. I have not seen one in person but wondered if they were worth picking up to donate to a small church.
      Tom

Comment

We have discussed this before, I'm sure, though it may have been before the move some years ago that lost a lot of threads.

IIRC the concencus was that they were Italian junk, aimed at the "E-Z Play" market, and so probably unsuitable for a church. Another example of a fine old name being simply plonked on something to make it sound as it's 'American'. Mind you, I could be mixing things up, so if you can unearth any photos or go to see it, let us know!
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

G'day,

If Orla is Italian junk, then so are/were the Fletcher Music Esteys.

Cheers,
          Ian
          sigpic
          Hammond X77GT & Leslie 77P
          Lowrey C500 & Leslie 720/540
          Hammond T524 & Leslie 710
          Gulbransen Theatrum & Leslie 700
          Yamaha EL90T

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Ian. I'd forgotten the Orla/Lowrey/Fletchers tie-up. Guess this one would have been based on the Mantova and its siblings. In that case, not so bad then, but still not really church organ material.
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Fletcher Esteys flooding used market

Originally posted by andyg View Post
              Thanks for the reminder, Ian. I'd forgotten the Orla/Lowrey/Fletchers tie-up. Guess this one would have been based on the Mantova and its siblings. In that case, not so bad then, but still not really church organ material.
              Thanks for the input Andy, as more of the Senior Citizens pass on to their reward, Craigslist here in Florida is listing several Estey (Fletcher) organs for sale today. However, many nice expensive model Lowery and Technics are also beibg sold so no way would I spend any money on a Fletcher Estey.

Comment

Working...
              X