Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The late jim harris organ videos taken down off you tube!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The late jim harris organ videos taken down off you tube!

All of Jim's performance videos have been taken down off You Tube.
    I'm posting this in the hope that perhaps someone on the forum knows the family or was a friend of Jim's that might be able to pass the word along that Jim's music has meant a lot to me. I listened to the You Tube videos every day and found them inspiring. They motivated me play more and work harder to improve my playing skills. So I really miss not being able to view and listen to them. The music is was wonderful! Perhaps they were moved to another website. If anyone has any info or how I could contact the family I would appreciate it.
    I can't speak for anyone else but for me this man's talent and musical interpretation was of the highest order. The luxury of listening to his music on You Tube was a gift. Losing it so soon is deeply regretable.

Any info will be appreicated. Feel free to Pm me regarding the matter.

Rob

We can only ask for them to be put back so his music will live on, every one was genius.

Comment

I could go on and on about what Jim's music and instructional videos meant to me but Healsing (Rob) has already said it very well. Jim's talent led me back to the organ and specifically the Technics, which I now (again) enjoy playing daily. If there is a way to get these videos back on I expect that a great number of accomplished and aspiring organists would be most appreciative.
      Roy

Comment

Thanks for the comments and I'm glad to know I'm not a lone voice. If we pass the word around perhaps it will eventually get back to the person in possession of the videos.
        Rob

Comment

The family of Jim Harris has commissoned David Gibson of Gibson Multimedia to produce a DVD of all of Jim Harris videos. To get in contact with Gibson Multi Media go to www.technicsorgans.com or e mail directly to info@technicsorgans.com and you will be notified of the release date of the DVD. Probably in late March. I have already signed up for the DVD. Am sure everyone will want to buy one of these DVD's. The Jim Harris videos were a lesson for all of us and he certainly is missed.
          Joanne Rice

Comment

Joanne,
            Thanks! That's great news. I thought I was a member of that sight. I guess I'm out of the loop. I will contact them for a DVD.

Rob

Comment

Here's the link:

http://www.technicsorgans.com/jimdvd.htm
              My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

Working...
              X