This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yamaha BK-4B, special sound effects.

Hi all. I used to have (but lost) a list that showed me the registrations to make a dog bark, truck horn etc on my organ. Does anyone know where i can find it/one similar?

Originally posted by sarash29 View Post
    Hi all. I used to have (but lost) a list that showed me the registrations to make a dog bark, truck horn etc on my organ. Does anyone know where i can find it/one similar?
    Here's a list of FX from the T500 User's Manual. Don't know if it will help on your Yammer, these are Hammond drawbar settings.
    Attached Files
    Jerry in Leslie, spinning around trying to find my way

1990 Korg M1 - moved on to a new life
    1981 Lowrey MX-1 - giant box of bad connections
    1975 Lowrey TGS - gathering dust
    1973 Hammond T-524C w/mods - fun machine!
    1972 Hammond XTP - moved on
    1971 Gulbransen Premiere PR (1154) - awesome sound!
    1965 Hammond E-133 w/mods - her name is Emmanuele, and we are in love

Comment

The dog bark on the T500 (I haven't seen that page for many years, Jerry!) uses a 5 1/3' pitch that your Yamaha doesn't have. You could try using the 8' Flute and playing C,C#,D plus G, G#, A at the same time. That would effectively give you that pitch but you're going to have to use two hands, obviously!
      Truck horn? Try Trombone and play the top F# and Bb together.
      What the lists don't tell you is that the required playing technique is as important as the settings. That dog bark needs the notes to be 'smudged' from left to right and played quite staccato.

For a smile or two, have a listen to this version of 'Talk to the Animals' played on Hammond X66

http://www.box.net/shared/61116r76nk

Andy
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current organ: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.

Comment

Working...
      X