Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when not playing with your organ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wesley, I fixed up an old Bolens Huskey 750 a few years ago to mow neighbors lawns with for extra cash. Man I loved that beast! The mower deck sounded like a helicopter taking off. I finally sold it to a couple of outdoor gals who called me the first day on their big lawn. After I got it going over the phone with a mechanic neighbor I never got a call back. Nothing like quality machines. I used to restore VW's and sell at the VW shows, but everything lost the excitement when the junk yards stopped bringing in old cars to pick over. When my son was born I strapped his car seat in the front of my 64 micro bus (Kombi) and it wasn't long after that I decided it was time to sell it. If it couldn't be a daily driver what's the point. My last bug I got rid of was a 63' Beetle that someone covered in house paint to make it look like a mascot car for the OSU Buckeyes football team. The paint preserved the original paint so well that I chipped it away to reveal a nice pearl white underneath. That car was 100% original including the floor mats. My favorite car ever to drive! My kids 18 next week, time to start being dangerous again ( not really, I hate pain).
    Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
    Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
    Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
    Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
    PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Comment

Originally posted by jdoc View Post
      studying the tambourine..........that is a huge undertaking, I am currently working on the cowbell

Aha! I thought you looked familiar, Joe

Last edited by Tdawg; 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM.
      I've got a fever..... and the only prescription is...... more Hammond organs

Comment

I actually yelled that at a Blue Oyster Cult Concert last year(beer was invloved).......that is where i got the inspiration if i can find the time to study
        Originally posted by Tdawg View Post
        Aha! I thought you looked familiar, Joe

1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

That's so funny, I was thinking the same thing and went to Youtube to watch this video earlier today. There are so many videos that aren't this skit that put on like it is, but I finally found one that a girl had video'd straight from the screen of some movie site. The skit gets really old after about the 3rd time Christopher Walken stops the recording, but it's still hilarious.

I actually yelled that at a Blue Oyster Cult Concert last year(beer was invloved).......that is where i got the inspiration if i can find the time to study
          Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
          Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
          Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
          Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
          PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Comment

I enjoy restoring and then sailing model boats, mainly tugs. Here are a couple of the fleet.
            Attached Files
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
            Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by paulj0557 View Post
              That's so funny, I was thinking the same thing and went to Youtube to watch this video earlier today. There are so many videos that aren't this skit that put on like it is, but I finally found one that a girl had video'd straight from the screen of some movie site. The skit gets really old after about the 3rd time Christopher Walken stops the recording, but it's still hilarious.
              Yeh, I know... was tough to find the actual skit, but figured nobody would want to sit through the entire thing anyway. Thought this would suffice for a quick laugh

LOL Joe, That's funny.... imagine if they had called you up onstage and handed you a cowbell? I would imagine a lot more beer would have to be involved to pull that one off

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by andyg View Post
              I enjoy restoring and then sailing model boats, mainly tugs. Here are a couple of the fleet.
              Andy, those are really cool! Lot's of detail... must be fun sailing those around. I had a brief stint with RC/model airplanes... didn't go so well. It was just too wierd trying to fly those things.... I'll stick with flight simulators.... love flying, but don't like being a passenger
              I've got a fever..... and the only prescription is...... more Hammond organs

Comment

Working...
              X