Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do when not playing with your organ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tdawg
    replied
    Originally posted by paulj0557 View Post
    That's so funny, I was thinking the same thing and went to Youtube to watch this video earlier today. There are so many videos that aren't this skit that put on like it is, but I finally found one that a girl had video'd straight from the screen of some movie site. The skit gets really old after about the 3rd time Christopher Walken stops the recording, but it's still hilarious.
    Yeh, I know... was tough to find the actual skit, but figured nobody would want to sit through the entire thing anyway. Thought this would suffice for a quick laugh

Originally posted by jdoc View Post
    I actually yelled that at a Blue Oyster Cult Concert last year(beer was invloved).......that is where i got the inspiration if i can find the time to study
    LOL Joe, That's funny.... imagine if they had called you up onstage and handed you a cowbell? I would imagine a lot more beer would have to be involved to pull that one off

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by andyg View Post
    I enjoy restoring and then sailing model boats, mainly tugs. Here are a couple of the fleet.
    Andy, those are really cool! Lot's of detail... must be fun sailing those around. I had a brief stint with RC/model airplanes... didn't go so well. It was just too wierd trying to fly those things.... I'll stick with flight simulators.... love flying, but don't like being a passenger

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied
    I enjoy restoring and then sailing model boats, mainly tugs. Here are a couple of the fleet.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• paulj0557
    replied
    That's so funny, I was thinking the same thing and went to Youtube to watch this video earlier today. There are so many videos that aren't this skit that put on like it is, but I finally found one that a girl had video'd straight from the screen of some movie site. The skit gets really old after about the 3rd time Christopher Walken stops the recording, but it's still hilarious.

I actually yelled that at a Blue Oyster Cult Concert last year(beer was invloved).......that is where i got the inspiration if i can find the time to study

Leave a comment:

• jdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Tdawg View Post
    Aha! I thought you looked familiar, Joe

Leave a comment:

• Tdawg
    replied
    studying the tambourine..........that is a huge undertaking, I am currently working on the cowbell

Aha! I thought you looked familiar, Joe

Last edited by Tdawg; 07-23-2012, 10:33 AM.

Leave a comment:

• paulj0557
    replied
    Wesley, I fixed up an old Bolens Huskey 750 a few years ago to mow neighbors lawns with for extra cash. Man I loved that beast! The mower deck sounded like a helicopter taking off. I finally sold it to a couple of outdoor gals who called me the first day on their big lawn. After I got it going over the phone with a mechanic neighbor I never got a call back. Nothing like quality machines. I used to restore VW's and sell at the VW shows, but everything lost the excitement when the junk yards stopped bringing in old cars to pick over. When my son was born I strapped his car seat in the front of my 64 micro bus (Kombi) and it wasn't long after that I decided it was time to sell it. If it couldn't be a daily driver what's the point. My last bug I got rid of was a 63' Beetle that someone covered in house paint to make it look like a mascot car for the OSU Buckeyes football team. The paint preserved the original paint so well that I chipped it away to reveal a nice pearl white underneath. That car was 100% original including the floor mats. My favorite car ever to drive! My kids 18 next week, time to start being dangerous again ( not really, I hate pain).

Leave a comment:

• jdoc
    replied
    studying the tambourine..........that is a huge undertaking, I am currently working on the cowbell
    Originally posted by Elnora80 View Post
    I try to learn playing various instruments like tambourine, sax, piano, guitar and some others. I just can't get enough

Leave a comment:

• Elnora80
    replied
    I try to learn playing various instruments like tambourine, sax, piano, guitar and some others. I just can't get enough

Leave a comment:

• Dogstar
    replied
    Recording and editing HD video. Started with a super 8 movie camera in the 70s, progressed through VHS then finally to a Canon HD video cam. Use a projector for playback. Beats those 60 inch LCD screens any day.

When not doing that, growing vegetables in the hot summers here, and enjoying time with my Beagle. Always plenty to fix around the house and after years in electrical contracting I'll have a go at most things. I don't know who say's retirement is boring, I don't have enough hours in the day.

Leave a comment:

• jdoc
    replied
    I think the organ/train connection is in the mechanical aspects, old steam trains are fascinating and I wish I had the chance to restore one.
    Last edited by jdoc; 06-13-2011, 07:01 PM. Reason: typo

Leave a comment:

• jdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by twnelson View Post
    Interesting that you should mention CAN bus. I'm currently designing a Hauptwerk/JOrgan-oriented USB console interface system for Rodgers or similar analogs that uses CAN for the inter-board connections. Very robust and available in a wide range of microcontrollers.
    --- Tom
    I worked on the older machines but got to install a new "jambox" rushed in from 4 hours away and had it running 5 minutes to track time..
    I thought a jambox was a place to keep jam but it is not difficult to change one out install the SD card and connect.
    Never to old to learn I guess. (Lead Hand clearly labeled everything before he left too)

Leave a comment:

• twnelson
    replied
    1:20.3 live steam is in my future, but for now it's just DC. Can't quite bring myself to do butane, though, since I've run 1.5" scale (7.5" gauge) and 3" scale (14" gauge) live steam, and fired and engineered 1:1 2' and 3' narrow gauge locos, all at a steam museum I belonged to in NW Indiana many years ago. Came home many a weekend thoroughly covered in bituminous and steam oil grunge.

--- Tom

Leave a comment:

• twnelson
    replied
    Interesting that you should mention CAN bus. I'm currently designing a Hauptwerk/JOrgan-oriented USB console interface system for Rodgers or similar analogs that uses CAN for the inter-board connections. Very robust and available in a wide range of microcontrollers.

--- Tom

Leave a comment:

• indianajo
    replied
    I'm not working these days, since manufacturing support is obsolete in the all service USA economy. Trying to live on 3% of net worth until SSI starts in 5 years. Playing organ and piano is a cheap hobby. Fix things the rest of the time. Repaired and recapped a PAS2 preamp last winter, recapped and retubed an ST70 power amp. Modified an op amp driven disco mixer last year to sound as good as the repaired PAS2 on LP's and CD's. Have a Peavey 1.3K power amp apart on the coffee table, not finished when the rains stopped in May. You know when the power transistors blow, they get 25 -30 components on the driver PCB too? Installing fuses and zeners mod.
    Do house repairs & mechanical when it is not raining. Trying to find why the 59 Ford has compression but no vacuum this week, that is my primary ride. Need to get out to the 23 acres and mow, since it didn't stop raining this year until May 21. Only mower running right now is a 42" Murray rider, I broke it 4 times last year (quills, deck support needed welding, idler pulley, transmission pulley rehub) , so far this year I have only had to change a 1998 tire. Upgrading a 46" Murray rider to OHV engine, making a new drive pulley since I destroyed the old one getting it off the L-head twin.
    Got the floor in the passenger compartment of the 62 fairlane this spring, transmission is in, found the driveshaft last week. Too nice interior to drive to the country property and mow, though. No plumbing out there.
    Was into trains 20 years ago, helped (very low level help) the engine restoration crew on an L&N 1911 Pacific engine, #152 for Ky Rail Mus. Got some tender rides, hostlered a bit (night watch). when they moved 50 miles away to New Haven KY, I decided that hobby was too expensive, and I had enough steam for a while.
    And reroofing the house, 14 shingle at a day, 2 trash cans (days) a week. After 4 hours of that today, plenty of interest in organ forum until I got over the tired muscles. Use it or lose it!

Leave a comment:

• Havoc
    replied
    Don't have much pics. This is one of the first live steam engine I made. Also the only one so far that is finished

Don't have any of the 3.5" online yet. Not that there is much to see, just a frame with wheels. It is the same as the one above, but twice as large.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X