X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• davidecasteel
    replied
    Originally posted by Orgrinder010 View Post
    I don't think that anyone mentioned this particular organ. Stalacpipe I bet it would be neat to have, just to say that you do. Only one rank though, I think....
    A very interesting instrument. I've heard it play. I think it's kind of like a theater organ--very highly unified.

Andy, I enjoyed hearing the organ in York Minster very much. My church choir attended an Evensong service there a few years ago.

David

Leave a comment:

• Anthropy
    replied
    Originally posted by buzzyreed View Post
    Ok, so if you could say, um.. ever get your, or let's just say Allen 600 beast MIDIfied and then could chose a few organs you'd want to have Brett Millan capture and put on disk for you, what would they be?....
    Hey Buzzyreed,
    Did you ever get your 600 MIDIfied? If so, what route did you take?

Best,
    Robert Watson

Leave a comment:

• erfüllt
    replied
    Re: Dream Hauptwerk

Muller organ @ St. Bavo...Haarlem, The Netherlands

Marcussen organ @ Nicolaikerk...Utrecht, The Netherlands

Wagner organ @ Nidarosdom...Trondheim, Norway

These are tremendous organs...not necessarily in size...but masterpieces, in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Orgrinder010
    replied

I don't think that anyone mentioned this particular organ. Stalacpipe I bet it would be neat to have, just to say that you do. Only one rank though, I think....

Leave a comment:

• buzzyreed
    replied

Gave us our language?? Remember, I'm from Minnesota. I cant' string together an English sentence to save my life. Our primary language is Swedish. Well, sorta.

And as I said, I am sure there are some wonderful instrument, but you never hear them. I must admit as odd as it sounds, I loved the sound of the William Harris prelude played at the princess diana funeral-- and the instrument played thereon

Leave a comment:

• Havoc
    replied

Oh yes, I have some good memories of a very large organ hidden somewhere in a school (for kids of marine personel or something like that) somewhere along the coast between Colchester and Ipswitch. Not so far on the road where you can see the Freston Tower folly. It stands in the byzantine chappel of that college. If anyone can tell me where exactly that was...

Leave a comment:

• mikecala
    replied

AndyG,
    For me, there is nothing more majestic sounding that the sound of a UK Catheral Organ. Especially the ones built by Willis and the Harrisons! I would like the entire Liverpool Anglican Catheral organ sampled!
    Mike

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied

Now, now, let's not get too Nationalistic here! Have you never visited this sceptered isle, the one that gave you your language and, but for a slight disagreement in 1776, would have still had the US of A as a 'protectorate'! (OK, now I'm getting silly - LOL!!)

Seriously, there are some wonderful instruments over here, and wonderful makers. Walker, Harrison, Hill Norman and Beard to name just 3. I won't spoil this voyage of discovery that you are about to embark upon by giving you all the details. Teachers like me are 'mean' and I make my students do their homework on their own.

Let me know what you find out about our instruments and organists. I really think you'll find that you like what you find.

Andy G

Leave a comment:

• buzzyreed
    replied

Well.. um.. there is a reason you guys were known for so long as 'The Island Without Music.' I am sure there are some really great organs in England. I have not heard any-- on radio, t.v., or recording. I can't believe that is the acutal case. hmmmm.. well tell us some good ones.

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied

Any UK ones come to mind for all you Statesiders? We're sort of feeling left out.

Leave a comment:

• Havoc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• buzzyreed
    started a topic Dream Hauptwerk

Dream Hauptwerk

Working...
X