This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extrovert or Introvert?

Ok, because these forums don't allow you to do polls, I'll do it the manual way.

I've heard that musicians are generally introverted. As are mathmatitians and chemists. I myself am an introvert, but I wanted to see what other organists tend to be.

What are ya'll?

==================
    Introvert: |||||||
    Extrovert: |
    Ambivert: |||

7 of 11: introverts
    1 of 11: extroverts
    3 of 11: ambiverts
    ==================

Ambivert is someone that falls in the middle...

Just post which one you are and I'll update the above!

Re: Extrovert or Introvert?

Tally me Up For Introvert.

Comment

Ambivert...
      KRH

Comment

Guess I'll have to join the introverts.

Andy G
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

intro.

Comment

ambivert? Did you make that word up??
            lol

Comment

haha, actually I didn't even know it existed until I looked up introvert, because I thought it was spelled intravert, and it mentioned ambiverts in the definition of an ex/introvert and what it was...

what are you buzzy?

Comment

honestly, I'm a BIG time introvert who is forced by profession and by sheer force of personality and will to be an extravert. I'd much rather be alone than with most people, but I love working with students, etc. Lots of teachers are that way I guess.

Comment

I've found myself to be the same way....

Comment

Extrovert here! Come from a whole family of them. Maybe it's cause were Italian?
                    Mike

Comment

Pretty strong introvert, despite being a physician for 40 years, even chief of service at my hospital and professor at the local med school. I guess it shows what one can do when one must, especially when it involves making a living. Being with a patient 1 on 1 or with a small group of medical students is far more comfortable than smoozing at a cocktail party.

My happiest times are in the high Sierra in the summer or organ related things. I'm very grateful for the happiness and fulfillment that the organ has brought to my life.

Comment

I'm very grateful for the happiness and fulfillment that the organ has brought to my life.

Amen to that!

I'm pretty sure no other instrument can provide the same fulfillment as an organ can... Well, certainly no instrument can provide the feeling of a 32' or the warmness of an instrument that the strings of an organ can!

Introverts are certainly winning!

Comment

Kick it up a notch: No other instrument can provide the feeling of a low C and D pressed together on a 32' Rank. Its almost hard to breathe.

Comment

> No other instrument can provide the feeling of a low C and D pressed together on a 32' Rank. Its almost hard to breathe.

Certainly in the middle of a concert...

Comment

Good one, Havoc--I do that all the time....(now where is that pedal technique book of mine?) lol

G.
                              Gary

Wurlitzer/Viscount C-380 3 manual with Conn pipes.

Comment

Working...
                              X