This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

I have been looking for something like this for a long time, but I am not sure if I really want to pay this much... Is it a reasonable price?

Click Here

Re: Is it worth it?

I'm starting to think it's one of those "It's worth what you pay for it" deals. I don't think I am going to consider it, but it looks like a nice orga.....uh, reed organ. For all you tracker fans, here is a cheap alternative (sorry if that is an insult to tracker pipe organs).

I'm looking for a Little Estey, single manual, 4-6 stops, cheap. Something acoustic, because the Hammond is starting to loose its flavor right now, and untill I get my Wurlitzer up and running (no more heart-stopping snaps), I think a small parlor organ will keep me entertained.

Comment

what is your Hammond setup?

Comment

Currently, I have two L-100 series Hammonds. My L-133 is modified (tonally) and hooked up to a Leslie 125. I love the acoustics of the 125, as it is not as complex as a two rotor leslie. Both the organ and Leslie have been re-tubed with JJ/Tesla's, and I experienced a major gain in both Output and Harmonic Richness. My other Hammond, an L-143, is left stock for that old, muffled, "Radio-Play sound". I play them every day, but I want to veer off to other roots of these instruments. The Parlor Organs and Harmoniums of the early 20th century seem to be of a lost art. They were everywhere, but some point in time they lost their luster to public appeal. I would like to find one, restore it, and bring back what once was.

Comment

http://www.organery.ca/organery.php

Take a look at this place if you are interested in old reed organs (really old reed organs!). A friend of mine found this place by accident while on vaction. Kinda neat. He brought me one of Jan's CDs.

Best,

Rich

Comment

Working...
          X