This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend keyboard/synths please

I'm looking to purchase a self contained synth to practice on until I can afford an AGO spec organ. I have found a teacher and I just need something to play on for the next 6 months or so. Thanks!

Re: Recommend keyboard/synths please

Six months, eh?
    What Kind of organ were you looking into? If its a tracker action I would look for something with weighted keys, so you will make a transition nicely. Personally, I would go to a musicians store and buy something in the $200-300 dollar range. When you get the organ, the keyboard will not seem as important, so I would keep the price fairly low.

Yamaha makes a nice affordable setup, and the equipment is decent for the price.

If you could afford it, I bet you would be fairly pleased with This

Comment

Roland C-180.

Toodles

Comment

That Roland would be really cool, but I don't think they sell it here in the US. =(

Comment

Just look on eBay. Roland, Korg, I still have a couple of D-50 keyboards I sometimes use. Ancient but very good sound. 2-300 for a nice one. They have Midi also so you can add stuff. The better ones you can sell later. Also go to Guitar Center and look around. They have a lot of good stuff both new and used.

Comment

for practice, just get a AGO spec organ on ebay....... depending on your location you can probalby get one for a few hundred dollars if you keep an eye out and have friends/family that can help move the thing.

I just saw a really nice AGO Allen organ in Califiornia go for 105.00 in mint condition. Bargains are out there you just gotta watch.

go to ebay.com keysearch word: Organ search by "newly listed", and "items ending soonest", and items "nearest your location"

basic ebay advice:

1. don't get hung up on any organ, another one will always show up.

2. bid last minute (preferably last 20 seconds to avoid being bid up by shill bidders).

3. pay cash in person when you pick the organ up after playing it yourself to make sure it works.

4. don't get in a hurry, wait for something near you that you can pick up in person. don't mess with organs that are not a easy drive with buddies to pick up...the shipping cost is more than what you'll pay for the organ if you don't do it yourself.

of course a keyboard is much more portible, but you'll end up paying more for a nice keyboard than what you can get a AGO organ for if you keep an eye out.

Comment

Working...
            X