This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yahoo Account Strange Email

Has anyone else received a strange email that looks very authentic that basically says to CLICK HERE and follow the instructions or else your Yahoo account will be closed in 24 hours?
    I deleted it as some kind of a scam or a means of giving your computer a nasty virus.
    (Strictly speaking, my email is sbcglobal rather than yahoo.)

Originally posted by Menschenstimme View Post
    Has anyone else received a strange email that looks very authentic that basically says to CLICK HERE and follow the instructions or else your Yahoo account will be closed in 24 hours?
    I deleted it as some kind of a scam or a means of giving your computer a nasty virus.
    (Strictly speaking, my email is sbcglobal rather than yahoo.)
    Hasn't everyone with a computer received a message similar to this at one time or another? Never click on a link in or copy a link out of an email that you weren't expecting. If you think it's legit, open your browser and navigate to the site by manually typing in the domain name only.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Thanks, Admin!
      This one gave me the creeps because it even had the official logos.
      It was probably from outside the USA.
      SIGH!!

Comment

I have even seen this where they even asked for your PASSWORD. A provider would never ask for this. Another thing to look out for is the registry washer to make your PC run faster.

Comment

You were wise to delete the message.

Comment

having recently aquired a hammond xb2,i need 6keys replaced.went onto web found hammondorgans.co.uk
            asked if they carried xb spare keys received email from barrie freeman asking what keys i needed
            sent answer was going to pay by pay pal and asked him to give me pay pal name address
            he sent back account name. but wheni trid to send the money it came up invalid address. strange
            barrie f is the head of hammond uk distributers. mabe it is a glitch with paypal or mabe not

Comment

I'll give you my paypal account address
              Allen 5300-DK, Hammond A-105, Conn Custom 905-DK

Comment

It's good that you deleted the message, it looked like some kind of typical scam.
                I guess if you clicked that email some virus may have invaded your system or your Yahoo account could have been stolen from you.
                I usually delete suspiciously looking mails immediately after reading.
                YouTube to MP3 converter

Comment

Working...
                X