Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious, has anyone ever "split" an organ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaufighter
    replied
    I split a Crumar Haven 103. Bought as my second home organ but I needed it to gig with. Just cut it into two and added multi pin connectors for the many cables and job was a good'un. Remember adding a mic to the internal Leslie and then out to a Roland combo amp. Thankfully though after a year or so gigging I was able to buy a B200. Just make sure the cabinet is well braced and anything I would say could be split.

Leave a comment:

• Wes
    replied
    Here's how Hammond UK did them:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2540071882_ed5773bc65_b.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	423.6 KB
ID:	590792

Leave a comment:

• jdoc
    replied
    Originally posted by wagonman76 View Post
    I've seen many organ "chops" where the essential circuit boards were moved into the top, then the bottom end was abandoned. But I've been wondering, has anyone kept all the organ components, but just split the upper and lower parts into two cabinets to make it easier to move? It would pretty much just require two extra wood panels, some extra wiring connectors, and some locking clips to keep the top locked to the bottom during use so it wouldn't tip off.
    hammond1966.pdf:-) yup, in 1966

Leave a comment:

• Mirabilis
    replied
    I've split a gut; but, not an organ.

Leave a comment:

• Havoc
    replied
    I do know an organbuilder who build a real pipe organ that way. The lower part is a box organ and the top a positive. You can play either part alone or put the two on top of each other and play it as an organ with 2 manuals. Obviously no coupling...

Leave a comment:

• Larrytow
    replied
    Hi Wagonman, I just did something like you are asking about a month ago. I pretty much cut a Yamaha EL-25 into two separate sections. I did not keep any of the wood parts though, as for my intended uses that was not wanted. Depending on the brand and model, a lot of organs can be done this way.

You can read about the job in this thread :

http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...IDI-Controller

Regards, Larry

Leave a comment:

• wagonman76
    started a topic Just curious, has anyone ever "split" an organ?

Just curious, has anyone ever "split" an organ?

I've seen many organ "chops" where the essential circuit boards were moved into the top, then the bottom end was abandoned. But I've been wondering, has anyone kept all the organ components, but just split the upper and lower parts into two cabinets to make it easier to move? It would pretty much just require two extra wood panels, some extra wiring connectors, and some locking clips to keep the top locked to the bottom during use so it wouldn't tip off.
Working...
X