X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buzzyreed
    replied
    Re: Hello...

If your son goes through shoes like I did when I was a teenager, you're going to be shelling out quite a few bucks on shoes. Oh well, at least you won't be paying for some silly Nike stripe or such. or is it K swiss that the kids wear now? I don't even notice anymore... I must be getting old..

Leave a comment:

• gdoran
    replied

Organmaster does have a variety of sizes. My son bought a a pair around a month ago. He probably could for some songs but still getting his pedaling technique up to par.

Leave a comment:

• soundboarddude
    replied

RW, it's a Baldwin 645 that's getting hooked up to pipes... sorry for the misunderstanding... Although I have been able to help install a Johannus or two, that's about as close as I'll be to owning one for a while! Johannus organs are just a bit out of my price range!

However, I have 2 ranks (soon to be getting a 3rd) that will be hooked up, so I'm very interested in your setup!

I'll probably get back to the designing in 2006 and start building in March or so...

Send me an e-mail at drpool(at)comcast.net and we can talk further...

Leave a comment:

• RW
    replied

Soundboarddude... I just came across your post from 10-30-2005 about wanting to have a Johannus and pipes. I have a Johannus digital 3-manual that also controls a mid-century Kilgen pipe organ. If you get into your "project," I would be happy to let you know how my two instruments "came together." I have been very happy, as the end results have really exceeded my expectations.

Leave a comment:

• buzzyreed
    replied

I hear that Diane Bish had those red flashy lights on her shoes as a child.

Can you tell I've been wrapping all night long? I almost spelled shoes with a 'u.'

Leave a comment:

• soundboarddude
    replied

Well, I like facades that at least look real. There was a link somewhere on ebay to an Allen organ, and the owner had glued wood pipes onto the speakers... yuck!

Sorry buzzy, but I don't think there are enough 7 year old organists to be able to make any money off it!

However, I'll take some flashing red lights on my shoes!

Leave a comment:

• buzzyreed
    replied

That is rrrrrrreally cool that you have a son that plays organ. I wonder if he's availble to sub yet

Do they make 'itty, bitty' organmaster shoes? Do they make them with Buzz Light Year on them? With those flashing red lights?

Maybe there' s a market I could exploit!!

Leave a comment:

• gdoran
    replied

Welcome to the organ forum. My son is 11 and he has been playing the organ for 1 year now. Me, I don't play anything keyboard unfortunatly, played the cornett and french horn, and a little guitar. He has been playing the piano for 4 years.

Leave a comment:

• ghc52
    replied

Ohh, I thought "facade" meant a fake or artificial cover. Sorry You don't like facades? Just curious.

Leave a comment:

• soundboarddude
    replied

...as opposed to a facade with speaking pipes, err, "real" facade...

Leave a comment:

• ghc52
    replied

Fake...facade? Is there such thing? Facades are fake. There are no pipes behind it, but there are speakers. The pipes hide the speakers.

Leave a comment:

• soundboarddude
    replied

Fake facade pipes

*shudder*

Other than that, it looks very nice indeed.

Leave a comment:

• ghc52
    replied
    Hello...

The organ came today from Burlington, and it is now in place in our living room. Yay!

Leave a comment:

• ghc52
    replied

Cool. Thanks, diapson! Yeah, playing the organ makes me feel special , just becuase piano is so common...and so few young people play the organ. lol. If I'm explaining the organ to someone in my family, they're like "ohhh!! So it's an piano with two keyboards!"

Shame, shame .

Leave a comment:

• Tyler_Walrabenstein
    replied

yep.. im 15, played the keyboard, just for MIDI programming for 2 years and Im just getting into the organ.. I own a Baldwin Orgasonic 56R organ, it has some issues so I use my Yamaha S03 for most of my playing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X