X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wes
    replied
    Oh, *that* scanner.

Do yourself a favour and keep that printer printing as often as possible. I've had issues with HPs of that era developing flat spots on the rollers when unused for months at a time in hot offices.

Leave a comment:

• sfp1954
    replied
    No, I did really mean an HP Laserjet 2200 printer with duplex attachment and ethernet. There's a little motor with a mirror attachment that scans the laser beam across the paper.
    You open up the laser chamber, slide a little plastic sleeve to the side and the motor shaft pops off. A couple of drops of oil and she runs and prints again. No more squealing.
    Otherwise you pay $40 for the whole "black box". And I did use Hammond Oil.

Leave a comment:

• Wes
    replied
    If you mean *scanjet* 2200, I don't see why not, provide you use very very little oil and only on metal gears. If it's plastic, you should probably search for a plastic-safe lube, maybe lithium grease.

The disk for the scanner should have come with a "jukebox" DOS program that lets you play songs (incl. Minuet in G) by moving the scanner head back and forth and hearing the straight-cut gear whine. That would be a good diagnostic step for you to take with the scanner open to locate the precise source of the whine.

Wes

Leave a comment:

• sfp1954
    started a topic What kind of oil?

What kind of oil?

The laser scanner motor on my HP Laserjet 2200 is squealing like an un-oiled TWG.
    Do you think I should try Hammond Oil on it?
Working...
X