Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a theater organ you don't see much!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a theater organ you don't see much!

Got this link in the Lowrey Yahoo forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mortier-101-...#ht_500wt_1155
    Lloyd
    Lowrey SU-630 Palladium, Lowrey GX-1, Hammond Aurora

Impressive, but not exactly a theatre organ, Lloyd.
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Well I couldn't figure out what to class it as. Too big to be a home computer, certainly not a classical or church organ. The only thing left was Theater since we don't have a forum for 'oddballs'!!
      Lloyd
      Lowrey SU-630 Palladium, Lowrey GX-1, Hammond Aurora

Comment

Originally posted by lparsons21 View Post
        Well I couldn't figure out what to class it as. Too big to be a home computer, certainly not a classical or church organ. The only thing left was Theater since we don't have a forum for 'oddballs'!!
        I believe these are called band organs. 9 out of 10 I've seen were out of tune. LOL
        Wurlitzer '46' Model 31 Orgatron & 310 rotary cab, 56' 4410 , 65' 4300
        Hammond '55' S6 Chord Organ,HR-40,ER-20, 1971 X66/& 12-77 tone cabinet w/ 122 kit & TREK Transposer- of which I've retrofitted a Wurlitzer/Lowrey 'PedAL gLIdE' awesome!
        Gulbransen 61' 1132 '76' Rialto II & Leslie 705 + two 540
        Conn '57' 406 Caprice '59' 815 Classic (the 29th 815)
        PLEASE SAVE THE WURLITZER ELECTROSTATIC CONTINUOUS-FREE-REED ORGANS 1953'-1961' Hammond TW's ONLY TRUE COMPETITOR! (Ggl> NSHOS WURLI 4600)

Comment

Originally posted by paulj0557 View Post
          I believe these are called band organs. 9 out of 10 I've seen were out of tune. LOL
          A Dansorgel, or Dance Organ, rebuilt by one the worlds most renowned mechanical organ builders Johnney Verbeeck of Belgium. Very unlikely to be out of tune on this one! With his companies history going back to 1884 his family must be getting something right!

Lloyd is right that there is no forum classification for mechanical organs though. A tenuous connection would be the firm DECAP which used Hammond spinet organs in its dance organ designs until their recent use of MIDI organ modules to replicate the Hammond organ sounds. Mixed in with real pipes and accordions.

Comment

I copied this from a Youtube description of a similar instrument: These instruments were originally intended for and used in large Dance Halls and travelling Dance Tents around Belgium, before the 2nd World War - and they excel at playing the light dance tunes of their day, all short pieces of music so that the owners could maximise revenue (pay per dance).

They sound like a calliope to me.
            "The employment of the piano is forbidden in church, as is also that of noisy frivolous instruments such as drums, cymbals, bells and the like." St. Pius X

Comment

These are what you see in freaky movies, carnivals and such....but it sure is colorful!
              Allen 5300-DK, Hammond A-105, Conn Custom 905-DK

Comment

Working...
              X