Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here's a theater organ you don't see much!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamman
    replied
    These are what you see in freaky movies, carnivals and such....but it sure is colorful!

Leave a comment:

• Snowbandit
    replied
    I copied this from a Youtube description of a similar instrument: These instruments were originally intended for and used in large Dance Halls and travelling Dance Tents around Belgium, before the 2nd World War - and they excel at playing the light dance tunes of their day, all short pieces of music so that the owners could maximise revenue (pay per dance).

They sound like a calliope to me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by paulj0557 View Post
    I believe these are called band organs. 9 out of 10 I've seen were out of tune. LOL
    A Dansorgel, or Dance Organ, rebuilt by one the worlds most renowned mechanical organ builders Johnney Verbeeck of Belgium. Very unlikely to be out of tune on this one! With his companies history going back to 1884 his family must be getting something right!

Lloyd is right that there is no forum classification for mechanical organs though. A tenuous connection would be the firm DECAP which used Hammond spinet organs in its dance organ designs until their recent use of MIDI organ modules to replicate the Hammond organ sounds. Mixed in with real pipes and accordions.

Leave a comment:

• paulj0557
    replied
    Originally posted by lparsons21 View Post
    Well I couldn't figure out what to class it as. Too big to be a home computer, certainly not a classical or church organ. The only thing left was Theater since we don't have a forum for 'oddballs'!!
    I believe these are called band organs. 9 out of 10 I've seen were out of tune. LOL

Leave a comment:

• lparsons21
    replied
    Well I couldn't figure out what to class it as. Too big to be a home computer, certainly not a classical or church organ. The only thing left was Theater since we don't have a forum for 'oddballs'!!

Leave a comment:

• andyg
    replied
    Impressive, but not exactly a theatre organ, Lloyd.

Leave a comment:

• lparsons21
    started a topic Here's a theater organ you don't see much!

Here's a theater organ you don't see much!

Got this link in the Lowrey Yahoo forum.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mortier-101-...#ht_500wt_1155
Working...
X