This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harmonium / American Organ / Reed Organ Tutor

Has anyone come across a tutor book suitable for teaching a non-player from scratch for the above named instrument (presumably including pedal-pumping exercises! LOL)

Harmonium was the instrument that I started to learn on but I've never needed to teach on it before now!

Any ideas?

Andy G
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Re: Harmonium / American Organ / Reed Organ Tutor

I believe the Reed Organ Society has reprints of old method books. That would be a good start.

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far. I'll do a bit of googling for the french one, as the new student is french - hope I don't have to teach in french again, had enough fun last time I tried! LOL

Andy G
        It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
        Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
        Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
        Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Andy,

There is a guy in Nova Scotia who collects reed organs and related items. He and his wife also run a bed and breakfast. Being in Canada he may be able to help with a french version.

http://www.organery.ca/organery.php

There is a contact tab near the top right of the page. Jan would mostly likely enjoy hearing from you. He is quite the player of these intruments.

Best,

Rich

Comment

Working...
          X