Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Re: How to make the Organ Stand out at the Arena!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How to make the Organ Stand out at the Arena!

I read somewhere in New Jersey there is a arena pipe organ (or was) that had a stop that when you pulled it a large American flag lit up with thousands of light bulbs....

I think I read in "THE DISH" the book on Virgil Fox, that he enjoyed playing there and pulling that stop as everytime you pulled it you got everyone to stand up and applause. (a nice "applause now" stop in effect).

Something like this can que the audience in to the organ playing at appropriate moments.

Comment

Ask Arthur Nobile (for those reading that thread) if you can borrow his pedal floodlights!

Sorry. That wasn't very nice.

Seriously though, I don't know much about NHL arenas. But if you want to call attention to the organ (and away from the game) using something other than its sound, I would think you'd need something major. Probably light based. Is there some kind of rotating/moving noise maker out there that you could light up?

That's about all I've got. No, wait, here's another idea. (this is stolen from another thread - not my original idea) Install a few shorter, large scale pipes. Put them under very high pressure and launch confetti from them after they win the game.

- Jim

Comment

Tis the season to make use of Christmas lighting. Lot of blinking strands of light might look good. Maybe the lighted ropes could be shaped nicely.

Comment

Keep them coming guys great ideas!!

Comment

Working...
          X