This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Activated Carbon

I will spare us all the background information and simply ask my question.

Is it possible to refresh activated carbon by placing out in the hot sun and fresh (non-humid) air? These are the aquarium packets that they sell in pet stores, but I use them for air freshening only. Each packet would fill the palm of your hand.

Originally posted by Menschenstimme View Post
    I will spare us all the background information and simply ask my question.

Is it possible to refresh activated carbon by placing out in the hot sun and fresh (non-humid) air? These are the aquarium packets that they sell in pet stores, but I use them for air freshening only. Each packet would fill the palm of your hand.
    Long, long time in a very hot sun!

Typically it is regenerated at very hot temperatures - 1000 degrees C - with nitrogen or carbon dioxide gas. Leave it out in the sun on the planet Venus maybe
    Jerry in Leslie, spinning around trying to find my way

1990 Korg M1 - moved on to a new life
    1981 Lowrey MX-1 - giant box of bad connections
    1975 Lowrey TGS - gathering dust
    1973 Hammond T-524C w/mods - fun machine!
    1972 Hammond XTP - moved on
    1971 Gulbransen Premiere PR (1154) - awesome sound!
    1965 Hammond E-133 w/mods - her name is Emmanuele, and we are in love

Comment

Or put it in my self-cleaning oven and run the cleaning cycle. The electricity would probably cost more than just buying new packets. The pet store is only a mile from my home. Thanks for the response and for your amusing comment about Venus.

I should start a thread on the most sensible way to pronounce the name of the seventh planet - Uranus. No, it is NOT "your anus" - but neither should it be "urinous" - which sounds disgusting without even being humorous at the same time. In my humble opinion we should all say "you-RAIN-us." SIGH!

Comment

Your oven probably does not get up to 1800F, or 1000C, or lets hope it doesn't.

Poor Uranus has been the "butt" of much humour over the years.
        Jerry in Leslie, spinning around trying to find my way

1990 Korg M1 - moved on to a new life
        1981 Lowrey MX-1 - giant box of bad connections
        1975 Lowrey TGS - gathering dust
        1973 Hammond T-524C w/mods - fun machine!
        1972 Hammond XTP - moved on
        1971 Gulbransen Premiere PR (1154) - awesome sound!
        1965 Hammond E-133 w/mods - her name is Emmanuele, and we are in love

Comment

Oh - 1000C rather than 1000F - wow - Venus is about 900F, if I recall correctly.

Meanwhile at freezing cold Uranus: Hearing it called "urinous" pisses me off! LOL!!

Comment

You need not only high temperature, but no oxygen while cooking the activated charcoal. Put that activated charcoal in your oven at its cleaning setting and you might convert the charcoal to CO2. The autoignition temperature for charcoal is between 600 and 700 F.

Comment

Working...
            X