This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• place's to play organs?

hello, does anyone in Michigan or nearby know of churches or theaters that will let you play their organ? this is not for a job, this is just for fun, and for experience. thanks in advance...
    the head of music at mellophoneman100 (you tube)

baldwin studio II
    hammond N300
    and a nice pair of holton french horns

Nof-z,

If you provide a geographical location in Michigan and the distance you're willing/able to travel, I have contacts in Michigan who may be able to find somewhere.

Let me know.

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

My experience has been that you need to find places near to you that you are interested in such as churches and theatres that have organs, and then call them to see if you can get permission to play. That has worked for me quite successfully here in Indiana. I called up the local Catholic church and asked if I could practice there when there was no Mass or funeral, etc. and they were quite accommodating.
      Fishers, IN

At School Church: Wicks III/40
      At Church Where I Am Director: Hammond BV with Leslie 122
      Summer Practice Organ: Rodgers III/47

Comment

sorry for taking so long to respond, hartland, Michigan (about an hour west-norht-west of detroit)

- - - Updated - - -

thanks, i did that with our music hall organ, but i want to play something bigger than a 3 manual 17 STOP organ. and my church doesn't have a organ, but when i go to my families churches, they have organs, and I have played all of them. but i will call the churches close by.
        the head of music at mellophoneman100 (you tube)

baldwin studio II
        hammond N300
        and a nice pair of holton french horns

Comment

Working...
        X