X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Shoes on or off?

http://www.organmastershoes.com/

I'm wondering the same thing. I have really wide feet and it is hard enough to run the pedals as is. I'm wondering what throwing a shoe on top of it would do.

BTW ... I saw that was your first post. Welcome to the forum.

Re: Shoes on or off?

I have extremely wide feet too (size 13s) and organ shoes bring the sides in a bit, and though they can get a bit uncomfy after a while, it is much easier to play the pedals.

Comment

Size 13?!

Ok, I officially have nothing to complain about now. I'm only a 10 (although my feet are awful wide for a ten). I think you guys have talked me into at least trying them a bit.

If nothing else, maybe it will help me from sliding forward on the bench so much.

Comment

You can order different widths. They might want to to trace your foot and find out the longest and widest area of the foot. You can call them as well as order from the internet.

Comment

I wish they made organ master loafers. No need to tie them. . .

Anyways, I've tried to play in socks. How can you guys do it???

Shoes are the way to go.
          Finally self-published some of my compositions! https://www.createspace.com/3734555
          Piano and organ videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/CurtisBooksMusic

Comment

An old colleague of mine used to market organ slippers. Great for playing, but not so hot when you wear them on stage, perhaps. I lost contact with him but I think he's back in the UK now, so if I can contact him, I'll ask him.

Andy G
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
            Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

<<I've tried to play in socks. How can you guys do it???>>

It's just the way I learned to do it. I like being able to wrap my toes around something and really feel which pedals I'm on. I'll admit ... it's the "easy" way. I wasn't making any progress with shoes on so i took them off and *BANG* ... as soon as I could feel them I got it. Now I'm wondering if it was such a good idea. Maybe after I survive the x-mas bills I'll go get a pair.

Comment

Just get some Hammond X-66 Pedals rigged up to your organs. Then you can play in Golfing shoes and your

pedals will be just like new for ever.

This is a Hammond HX-100, by the way, but you get the idea :

Comment

Haha, those are pretty slick looking. By the way, why are the bottom keys of Hammonds the reverse color of the rest?

Comment

I remember when I got my first pair of organmasters. My feet were slipping all over the place! I got so frustrated when my feet would slide right off the notes!

However, I knew that it would be good in the long run, so I kept with them. Now, it's hard to play with out them. If I just sit down to play a simple piece, I'll just play in socks. But anything more than that I always put them on.

...I used to put them on while the organ was warming up, but now that my *new* organ doesn't need any time to warm up, it's a little weird!

The bottom keys on a Hammond are the pistons, like on a classic organ. The lowest "C" is the cancel "button" (err, key!)

Comment

I remember once seeing someone playing barefooted. Nice feet, lovely ankles...don't remember what she played though. [sheepish grin]

Comment

hahaha... it's hard to slide on the pedals barefooted!

Comment

Nice to see an HX once in a while - did it work properly, though?? LOL! Is this one in a museum or something?

I've never seen an X66 pedalboard abused, I think the owners were too careful - at $10K back in '67, it probably cost more than their house, so they played in socks or slippers - but there were one or two other metallic boards of that era that scratched and chipped badly. I've seen a pretty beat up HX100 and Concorde, and a Yamaha EX42 in poor shape. Replace them? Can't be done, they have to be rebuilt or re-covered somehow.

There was a Hammond T on one of the fora in a psuedo X series case (not the stock XTP) - I wonder if the owner went for metallic pedals - should have been easy on a spinet.

Andy G
                          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
                          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
                          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
                          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

> The bottom keys on a Hammond are the pistons, like on a classic organ.

Ohh! Thats cool, I never new Hammonds had pistons.

Comment

here is a pic of the "pistons" on my Hammond D152..
                              all but the A# & B are really more "stops" than pistons as to change them requires rewiring each key, which can be done but not without a screwdriver and rewiring them directly on the inside of the organ.

The A# & B key on each manual are adjustable by the drawbars, so you have 4 "pistons" that are changeable easily, and modifiable while playing unlike the others.

Comment

Working...
                              X