This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4mm tuning hammer - WAYY off topic

I can NOT find a decent harpsichord forum anywhere and I've heard several here who will probably know the answer to this -

I need a tuning tool for a Neupert Harpsichord and it has tuning pins that measure 4mm square.
    Where do I get something like that? Isn't that much smaller than a piano tuning tool?
    Hammonds: D152, A102, M3, S6, M103, L103 (I can stop ANY time).
    Modular and Normalized Synthesizers: Moog, ARP, Oberheim, Korg, Roland, Synthesizers.com

I used to be a piano tuner decades ago. I *think* they were larger. You might check with these guys (no affiliation).

They have a couple that may work:

80156 Old Style Iron Tuning Key from France
    without stringing hook. An iron key with a rusty looking bronze finish. It fits most pins in the 4mm to 5mm range.

80146 Tuning Key with wood handle for old style tuning pins from Germany
    This tuning key has a tapered slot to fit a large variety of old style tuning pins from 3.5 mm to 4.5 mm without modification. 3.75" stem, 4.25" wide handle

Hope this helps, just randomly searching for combinations of the words.
    Unwanted Bitcoin? Dispose of them safely here:14hjbheQVki8eG75otRK4d2MQBarCCWQfJ

Comment

Loads of them on ebay.

Comment

I have ebay'ed an autoharp tuning hammer designed for 3/16 pegs, hopefully that is close enough.
        Thanks for the helps
        Hammonds: D152, A102, M3, S6, M103, L103 (I can stop ANY time).
        Modular and Normalized Synthesizers: Moog, ARP, Oberheim, Korg, Roland, Synthesizers.com

Comment

Working...
        X