X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Climate Change

Hi ya'll,

For the next 24 to 48 hours, I am suspending any belief I may have had concerning climate change/global warming.

Ole man winter has declared himself alive and well. It is quite cold here, but more than that we are getting a huge dumping of snow.

My pooch got stuck in the snow, so I had to carry him to the nearest tree, so he could send out his pee-mail.

At least the climatologists were right this time.

AV

Stay warm and safe, Arie.
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Hopefully it won't be as bad as the "Great Blizzard of 1888":

The Great Blizzard of 1888 or Great Blizzard of '88 (March 11 – March 14, 1888) was one of the most severe recorded blizzards in the history of the United States. Snowfalls of 40-50 inches (102–127 cm) fell in parts of New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts and Connecticut, and sustained winds of more than 45 miles per hour (72 km/h) produced snowdrifts in excess of 50 feet (15.2 m). Railroads were shut down and people were confined to their houses for up to a week.
      John
      Allen MDS-317 at home / Allen AP-16 at Church / Allen ADC-3100 at the stake center

Comment

Glad to hear someone mention old '88'. My Grandfather had been born in Dec. 87 and was told alot of stories about being an infant in the blizzard. (In New Jersey) I remember him saying that people had to walk out of 2nd story windows after the snow stopped!

Comment

Global warming is real and dangerous--at least according to one prominent official I heard!

We're only getting 1 or 2 feet out of this. I was hoping to be in the center of the action. That way I'd get the chance to use my snowblower with some "real" snow!

Michael
          Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
          • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
          • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
          • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

Still plenty cold enough here. -20F at my house as I am typing this.
            1970 Hammond T422 (for me)
            1966 Hammond L112 (for my daughter)
            1980 Kimball M75 Temptation (parts only), 1980 Kimball M70 Temptation (parts only)
            1965 Hammond L112 (probably for parts), Magnus Chord Organ (for kicks)

Comment

Basking at 1 degree C (33 F in old money) here, with the occasional flake of snow. We seem to be stuck with cold and grey for a while.
              It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
              Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
              Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
              Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by myorgan View Post
                We're only getting 1 or 2 feet out of this. I was hoping to be in the center of the action. That way I'd get the chance to use my snowblower with some "real" snow!
                The storm to which I referred was great! The light, fluffy snow in the driveway was even higher than my 8HP Toro snowblower. That was fun for once.

Michael
                • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC

Comment

Yeah, that one was a piece of cake. The current storm down here is like throwing wet cement, even with my 10 HP Ariens .

--- Tom
                  Rodgers 660 with additional analog rack sets (practice), 36D/C in digital conversion, Yamaha CVP-107

Comment

You're on the wrong end of the world. Minimum temp today is 20 celsius (68 F) and maximum predicted temp is 31 celsius (88 F).
                    My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

Originally posted by Momboc View Post
                      You're on the wrong end of the world. Minimum temp today is 20 celsius (68 F) and maximum predicted temp is 31 celsius (88 F).
                      Just give us 5 or 6 months!

Comment

Global warming, now more popularly called climate change because the warming died, is nothing more than an excuse for Algore to fly around the word telling people they should walk to work. Most Americans have dumped his silly notion but many of my European friends are still enamored with him.
                        "The employment of the piano is forbidden in church, as is also that of noisy frivolous instruments such as drums, cymbals, bells and the like." St. Pius X

Comment

Hi All! Last night on Global News Toronto they showed some kids canoeing on the McMaster campus flooded by snow melt water run off.
                          We here north of Superior are still in need of major snow which has all gone south of us!! These great lakes are GLACIAL and if not supplied by run off from snow and rain they will and are going down. Planet climate change is indeed real. We live right on Superior and we can see first hand the water levels dropping .We wil lbe lucky if ourt shallow bay has any water this summer. Huron and Michigan are both down even more than Superior!!

- - - Updated - - -

Hi All! Last night on Global News Toronto they showed some kids canoeing on the McMaster campus flooded by snow melt water run off.
                          We here north of Superior are still in need of major snow which has all gone south of us!! These great lakes are GLACIAL and if not supplied by run off from snow and rain they will and are going down. Planet climate change is indeed real. We live right on Superior and we can see first hand the water levels dropping .We wil lbe lucky if ourt shallow bay has any water this summer. Huron and Michigan are both down even more than Superior!!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowbandit View Post
                            Most Americans have dumped his silly notion but many of my European friends are still enamored with him.
                            Shame on you--you should know better than to not include the Canadians!
                            Originally posted by robmcginn View Post
                            Planet climate change is indeed real. We live right on Superior and we can see first hand the water levels dropping.
                            Michael

Comment

Working...
                            X