This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Knees together?!

> Why is the implication that body position aids in technique so ridiculous?

It isn't. But neither is forcing your body into a position you don't feel comfortable in going to aid your technique. One of the most important rules is being relaxed with no unnecessary strain.

Comment

Re: Hello! (and a question)

Once again Buzzy you are talking utter bollocks my friend. Nearly every organist I know started with the Eight Short Preludes and Fugues. We all know that they weren't written by Bach but they were still very useful pieces to learn. I suppose you would rather baffle pupils with pieces that have hundreds of semiquavers in them and which take months to learn, and perhaps lose the students interest in the process?. My organ teacher (a fantastic player and a ARCO and a Graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music) started me on the Short Eight and I certainly don't think my playing suffered for it. The pieces helped me with my co-ordination and articulation. Of course we moved onto other stuff later, but IMO the Eight were a good starting point. To say they aren't worth the paper they are written on is nonsense.

Comment

Re: Hello! (and a question)

Once again Buzzy you are talking utter bollocks my friend. Nearly every organist I know started with the Eight Short Preludes and Fugues. We all know that they weren't written by Bach but they were still very useful pieces to learn. I suppose you would rather baffle pupils with pieces that have hundreds of semiquavers in them and which take months to learn, and perhaps lose the students interest in the process?. My organ teacher (a fantastic player and a ARCO and a Graduate of the Royal Northern College of Music) started me on the Short Eight and I certainly don't think my playing suffered for it. The pieces helped me with my co-ordination and articulation. Of course we moved onto other stuff later, but IMO the Eight were a good starting point. To say they aren't worth the paper they are written on is nonsense.

Comment

"After years of studying keyboard ergonimics I realize that it is about most effecient use of body positioning. Forcing your knees together is an unantural.. "

Yes, the knees together thing seems unnatural. And come to think of it, I don't even know if it's in the Gleason book or not. You would know more about that than I.

And I only change registrations in the middle of Bach fugues when I pull the 16' manual stop on and off.

As for the rest of your dreck the know-it-all attitude is certainly not endearing. In person it may come across as funny. I know several people who have that personality and are very humorous amount it. They all lisp of course, which doesn't come across on the internet and is probably what contributes a lot to the humor.
          Finally self-published some of my compositions! https://www.createspace.com/3734555
          Piano and organ videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/CurtisBooksMusic

Comment

Well.. coming from an English "organist..."

meh.

Comment

"Well.. coming from an English "organist..."

meh. "

Who are you referring to? Since you replied to me, I can only assume that's who you meant. I'm not English. You must have me confused with someone else. Although the cynicism and deprication which with you write are found in your posts to everyone. . .
              Finally self-published some of my compositions! https://www.createspace.com/3734555
              Piano and organ videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/CurtisBooksMusic

Comment

Working...
              X