This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Promote the King of Instruments!

Get involved with your local American Guild of Organist chapter and push for more Pedals, Pipes & Pizza type events. Our local southern Indiana chapter had one a few months back and resulted in one new organ student! (not bad out of about 50 attending?)

Comment

Re: Promote the King of Instruments!

Mostly I just fork over a copy of Hymns on the Crystal Cathedral Organ, and voila, another convert.

Comment

Star Wars them music sounds great on the organ!

Comment

>> Mostly I just fork over a copy of Hymns on the Crystal Cathedral Organ, and voila, another convert.

Glad you didn't tried to convert me. Guess I would have ran the other way and studied tuba.

Comment

I had a friend who came up with a brilliant mixture of the Widor Toccata in F, but with the melody of Star Wars on the pedals. Me? I used to do the same thing but the melody was Sweet Georgia Brown. OK you have to hack the harmonic sequences to pieces but it's fun.
            [Ducks low to avoid flack from 'purists' LOL!]

Andy G
            It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
            Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
            Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
            Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

How can I become involved with my local chapter, anyway? I don't even know how to find one, much less get involved with it. Do they have websites?</P>

Comment

links to AGO chapters with known websites:

click on region:

http://www.agohq.org/links/index.html

Attend a few in your area and see how they are.

Comment

Hey Andy G,</P>

That actually sounds cool and a lot of fun. I gave the theme song to Star Wars a try on the organ. It was neat. I didn't do it as a prelude or postlude though....it probably wouldn't go over well with the folks, but I did consider it! Gotta watch my flippant sense of humour sometimes! </P>

I have though, played the theme songs to Mister Rodger's neighbourhood (hey, he was a Presbyterian minister), the Friendly Giant (okay no excuse here), or Harry Potter for the kids on the organ right after the children's talk. They want some music as the kids go off to Sunday School. No one commented other than a giggle from some choir members, and the kids loved it. </P>

. </P>

Comment

Working...
                  X