X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Langford - organist/recording artist

Hello Forum Fans!

I am a new menber to the Forum and wonder if anyone might know if Bill Langford is
    still performing or teaching, and where he might be reached. I
    know he must be in his late 60's or 70's by now - but I enjoyed his
    performances years ago and just recently puchased some of his early
    recordings and several albums that I wish to get autographed. Can anyone offer suggestions? I did find that he had made a performance appearance at the Fair Oaks Community Center in 2002, but nothing since.

Re: Bill Langford - organist/recording artist

<FONT size=5>Contact the American Theatre Organ Society headquarters at www.atos.org/. </FONT>Someone there should be able to answer your questions. I believe Bill died a year or so ago but may be mistaken. Don S.

Comment

Hello,</P>

I, too, am a Bill Langford fan. I took lessons from him for 5 years in the 70's. I live about 7 miles from San Lorenzo where "Ye Olde Pizza Joint" was. I had not seen any death notice on him in the paper and started checking with some friends. Someone checked with a man by the name of Al Templett who is in the" Norcal " theater group. I know he had moved to Eureka some years ago and has not had a listed phone number of which he always had before. Anyway, the good news is that he is playing the organ in Eureka but Al did not mention the name of the place of which I could possible find out, if he knows. I am so glad that he is still around!!----------Pedal Pusher</P>

Comment

I'm very glad to have stumbled on your post. I, too, studied with Bill Langford back in the 1960s. He is a wonderful guy and I had a great time learning pieces like Slaughter on Tenth Avenue with him. No doubt his many Bay Areafansmiss him from his days at Ye Olde Pizza Joynt. He was an absolute master of that Mighty Wurlitzer.I'm so glad to hear he's alive and well...and still playing the organ in Eureka. Obviously, we'd all love to get confirmation that this is in fact the case.

Comment

I grew up in the San Francisco bay area. I grew up around the Pizza & Pipes chain how ever I also spent many hour over at the Pizza Joynt. I knew Bill Langford quite well. Bill now lives up around the Lake Mendicino area or around Clear Lake. Last I heard has been retired for many years now.

Comment

Working...
          X