This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Admin....

Thank you very much for the "Merry Christmas" wallpaper and theme. It is a pleasant change from all the PC generic "Happy Holidays" crap we are relegated to seeing nowadays.
    Not looking to start a firestorm here, but I appreciate the fact that there are still people in the world who are proud to acknowledge that, whether you believe in Him or not, if it weren't for the big J.C., there wouldn't be any "Holiday Season" at all.....
    1st born: 1958 B3 & 1964 Leslie 122
    Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)
    Daily Workhorse: 3 Manual Rodgers running Hauptwerk 4.2
    New Kid on the Block: Hammond Novachord (year not determined yet)

Merry Christmas!

But just so you know, Christmas is actually a pagan festival celebrating psylocybin mushrooms that co-opted by the Christian church centuries ago .... just like Easter as a pagan fertility festival.

Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Wes View Post
      Merry Christmas!

But just so you know, Christmas is actually a pagan festival celebrating psylocybin mushrooms that co-opted by the Christian church centuries ago
      That's what I was thinking of Wes. Wow, look at those twinkling colored lights swirling around! Blows my mind! Pass me another piece of 'shroom pie.
      -Admin

Allen 965
      Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
      Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
      Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Too much of that pie perhaps! It says Christmas2013?!? Xmas can't be repeated(Hawking)...I'm sure I'm living in 2014! Don't know 'bout you guys...

Comment

Put the x back in xmas.:\
          Casey

Comment

...Power ....To ...The ...People!...

Comment

Information alert

Originally posted by JoeyB3 View Post
              Thank you very much for the "Merry Christmas" wallpaper and theme. It is a pleasant change from all the PC generic "Happy Holidays" crap we are relegated to seeing nowadays.
              Not looking to start a firestorm here, but I appreciate the fact that there are still people in the world who are proud to acknowledge that, whether you believe in Him or not, if it weren't for the big J.C., there wouldn't be any "Holiday Season" at all.....
              -----------------
              Johannus Opus 1100 (ca. 1990)

Comment

Originally posted by DrBen View Post
                The store has its own holiday carol (sung to a familar tune):

"Hark the herald angels sing,
                Come and buy, ka-ching, ka-ching."
                Ha ha! Very true! (Sadly)
                Organs: Yamaha D-85, Technics U90 Pro, Wersi Helios W2S, 2x Yamaha HS8's.
                Keyboards: Roland E-70, Yamaha Tyros 3.
                Retired: Technics K700.

Comment

Don't disagree or dispute anything you've written, Doc.
                  I just find it interesting that (in my experience), most of the people who are offended by the term "Merry Christmas" are not particularly religious towards any faith, yet they are the ones demanding the use of "Happy Holidays." Which, as you've pointed out - has its origins as "holy day."

What would happen if we all went around saying, "May you have a wonderful, Holy Season!" ? People would choke on their cornflakes!!

Ignorance is bliss.
                  Most Proud of: 1938 Concert Model E paired w/ 1948 Leslie 31A & Vibratone (Leslie) 30A (c.1942)

Comment

What's REALLY interesting about this phenomenon is that I have many acquaintances who claim to know folks who are offended by being wished a Merry Christmas, yet I can never pin down a single individual who actually made the claim. Quite often, it seems to be closet racists playing a game of divide-and-conquer, pitting the overly PC against the rest of the population, in an effort to slight a third party.

Not calling you a racist, Joey, but unless you're hearing actual people tell you that THEY find being wished a Merry Christmas offensive, I would examine what I am told closely, and follow up with questions like "who? when? where? how? why". I refuse to guided by the mystery "they", "them", and so on.

So, if you tell me Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Chanukah, or anything else "Happy" or "Merry", I will thank you and wish you the same.

And by the way, the psylocybin mushrooms have nothing to do with Jesus Christ, they are Santa Claus. Who also clearly has nothing to do with Jesus Christ. Santa would be way cooler if he'd been sent by God.

Wes

Comment

And a happy and merry winter solstice to all.

Be thankful the sun has stopped going south and is returning.

Everybody likes to party, eh?

In the dead of winter, there is not much else to do.

So, let's all gather together in a confined area and spread our diseases to each other!
                      'Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.' --N. Bonaparte

My friends call me Steve, won't you be my friend?
                      The cast, in order of appearance:
                      Kawai K5, Yamaha PSR-85, Thomas Trianon A-6820, Gulbransen 621-K, Conn 580 T-2, GEM WK1 ST
                      Hammond H-112, Ser. #16518, from 8/16/1971
                      Oh, and let's don't forget the Jaymar!

Comment

this is getting ridiculous....... best of the upcoming government mandated statutory holidays to you all and to all a good night
                        1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

Not calling you a racist, Joey, but unless you're hearing actual people tell you that THEY find being wished a Merry Christmas offensive, I would examine what I am told closely, and follow up with questions like "who? when? where? how? why". I refuse to guided by the mystery "they", "them", and so on.
                          Obviously, you don't live in the New York Metropolitan area, Wes (LOL)!! The "offended" make themselves known with little speculation!
                          I do, however, understand and AGREE with your point of view.

As for Santa (for us in the USA anyway), if you look at his history, he was sent to us by Coca Cola in the '40s...

Comment

I definitely don't!

I am still waiting for somebody to tell me they've been offended when I wish them a Merry Christmas. I think my response will probably be something along the lines of -- "Oh, well, sucks to be you, then!".

Wes

Comment

Merry Christmas! But just so you know, Christmas is actually a pagan festival celebrating psylocybin mushrooms that co-opted by the Christian church centuries ago .... just like Easter as a pagan fertility festival.
                              ^ Not totally sure about this one, but it sounds fun!

There is much historical speculation that Jesus was born in the late spring, summer, or fall. After my father returned from Seminary, he seemed convinced that it was probably closer to midsummer. I never got a chance to ask why he was so sure. . .

The birth date of Jesus is not noted by any of the Gospel writers, but the December 25th date is attributed to Hippolytus of Rome, who wrote it down in the 3rd century AD. Many scholars feel that this date was chosen because the Roman festival of Saturnalia fell close to this time period, and indeed, the ancient Roman festival bears many similarities to our modern Christmas tradition.

During Saturnalia, Romans would :

1.) Decorate their house with evergreen boughs
                              2.) Exchange Gifts with each other
                              3.) Feast for several days on end
                              4.) Upend Roman social convention (e.g. masters would provide table service for slaves and allow free-speech)

Sound familiar?

Johann Sebastian Bach

(at Home) Conn 645 Theater Deluxe
                              (at Church) 1836 E. & G.G. Hook Bros, Opus 26

Comment

Working...
                              X