Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using OPM to buy yourself a $65,000 Xmas present . . . (or at least how i did it).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using OPM to buy yourself a $65,000 Xmas present . . . (or at least how i did it).

Run your Obamacare Subsidized Health insurance Plan out to meet your Co-pay and out of pocket amounts.

Then go and get two heart stents and a new lens for your right eye emplaced.

Done.

For all those that had been wondering what happened to my cheery little comments.
    Stefan.

E-133, T-524, R-182, M3, M-111, M-101, H-112, L-143, C-2, HR-40.

Shades of the $6m Man, there, Seb! We can rebuild him - we have the technology...

Seriously, good to hear that it's all been done and that your cheery comments are back!

I'm not familiar with Obamacare, but in the UK, that would all have been free of charge (OK, part of our taxes would have funded it) but the wait for the treatment might have been a while longer. Unless you pay to go privately and then, whatever country you live in, it would have all been done immediately!
    It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
    Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
    Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
    Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

With stents your arteries are bullet proof. Perhaps you should emphasize on fish and wine from now on though. Merry Xmas, stay well!

Comment

Thank you, Kind Gentlemen!

Canada, next door to me, have a similar system to the UK. Good for simple issues, long wait for more complex resolutions, unless you have private insurance. Anyway, 10 years ago the solution would have been a triple by-pass; so yes, indeed! we have the technology.

Enor, the problem is not so much my diet, which is predominantly Paleo, but the 50 years of smoking, I think. (I quit a year ago, but decades of abuse will exact their price). Do you remember the Grenadiers boxes you commented about?

Also, its not just my coronary arteries that have buildup, all my arteries do, so I am on the standard Cardio Drugs Cocktail to reduce the problem in places other than the heart.
        Stefan.

Comment

I think I do, although enor is on the North Pole and I'm Boyan I was owning a Cigar Bar for a while and was working in tobacco multinationals in the 90's but quit smoking two years ago! Damn Cubans, so good!
          Got to forget the paleo and switch to fish, plus statins for the cholesterol and plaques. But you beautiful doc knows that. We do brain stents as well, they should do them in Amiericca too.

Cheers,
          Boyan
          Last edited by blhristov; 12-24-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by blhristov View Post
            I think I do, although enor is on the North Pole and I'm Boyan I was owning a Cigar Bar for a while and was working in tobacco multinationals in the 90's but quit smoking two years ago! Damn Cubans, so good!
            Got to forget the paleo and switch to fish, plus statins for the cholesterol and plaques. But you beautiful doc knows that. We do brain stents as well, they should do them in Amiericca too.

Cheers,
            Boyan
            Hi Boyan, my apologies! I must still be somewhat woozy to mistake you for Enor. I loved those Grenadiers, smoked 5 of them per day for many years. I really enjoyed the pipe too, but started to get rough spots on my lips therefrom, so I quit.

Unfortunately the US has re-established diplomatic relations with Cuba too late for me.

The fish we get here is mostly from Asia, where the FDA cannot get to them, and I have read quite a few horror stories of the Vietnamese and Chinese fisheries and fish farms. Locally produced pork, chicken and beef is subject to much more strict regulation.

My Paleo diet consists of a small amount of meat and a lot of vegetables, especially of the cruciferous varieties. I don't add salt to my food, don't eat candy, no processed starch foods (a la the famous Donuts). Obviously deep cold water fish would be very good, but it is difficult to get here and expensive. I do take 2g of omega 3 rich fish oil daily.

I have not heard of brain stents in the US, but the chances are fair that they do them here.
            Stefan.

Comment

we are lucky up here with healthcare, some rich get better care but all of us get excellent care in Canada. Glad you are back.
              1956 M3, 51 Leslie Young Chang spinet, Korg Krome and Kronos

Comment

Apologies no needed! He will be enchanted

I hope you'll be fine. Just do your control visits to doc. Modern pharmacology does miracles for cleaning plaques and lowering cholesterol.

Cheers,
                Boyan

Comment

Brain stents?

Maybe that would help me.

Good to have you back, Stefan. Just do what the nice doctor says...within reason.

The best fish is the one you caught yourself, so maybe that's an option?
                  'Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.' --N. Bonaparte

My friends call me Steve, won't you be my friend?
                  The cast, in order of appearance:
                  Kawai K5, Yamaha PSR-85, Thomas Trianon A-6820, Gulbransen 621-K, Conn 580 T-2, GEM WK1 ST
                  Hammond H-112, Ser. #16518, from 8/16/1971
                  Oh, and let's don't forget the Jaymar!

Comment

Stents in the brain vessels are explained out-there - dig brain aneurysm(ruptures) treatment. That saves your life and memories if introduced at the right moment.

Comment

WB Stefan, glad it went OK. Having everything work as intended is more important than getting it done free, consider it a bonus!
                      Unwanted Bitcoin? Dispose of them safely here:14hjbheQVki8eG75otRK4d2MQBarCCWQfJ

Comment

Originally posted by blhristov View Post
                        Apologies no needed! He will be enchanted

I hope you'll be fine. Just do your control visits to doc. Modern pharmacology does miracles for cleaning plaques and lowering cholesterol.

Cheers,
                        Boyan
                        Hi Boyan, I asked my Cardio if there was a drug that could clean out the plaque, he said no. As regards lowering the Cholesterol, I am on a statin.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by jdoc View Post
                        we are lucky up here with healthcare, some rich get better care but all of us get excellent care in Canada. Glad you are back.
                        Hi Doc, good to hear from you, and thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SBurton View Post
                        Brain stents?

Maybe that would help me.

Good to have you back, Stefan. Just do what the nice doctor says...within reason.

The best fish is the one you caught yourself, so maybe that's an option?
                        Hi Steve, Thanks for the well wishes!

I'm in MI, where most of the streams and creeks have industrial/agricultural runoff.

Allthough I am very close to lake Erie too, the nice fish (Wall Eye) are brutally overfished commercially.

Maybe if I took a little paddle boat out I could convince some Asian Carp to jump into the boat.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by picothinker View Post
                        WB Stefan, glad it went OK. Having everything work as intended is more important than getting it done free, consider it a bonus!
                        Hi Pico, thanks! I have had an amazing run of good luck in many ways since I retired. 13 Hammonds, need I say more??

The Cardo intervention timing is just one of them. I say again, All Hail ObamaCare!
                        Stefan.

Comment

Tell'im to eat his diploma http://www.livestrong.com/article/25...plaque/#page=1
                          There are numerous publications on that matter. But diet(fiber & fish) is very important for the decomposition too. I'm not a doctor though.

Comment

Welcome back SEB. Glad the Physicians were successful. Hope the treatment, diet & exercise improve your life.
                            More pieces to learn! More electronics to build! More books to read!
                            I'm moving from being the wife's insurance dependent (I'm four years older) to medicare this year. The mailbox is beginning to drip ads warning me about not signing up for part D before I catch something expensive. So far my unsubsidized drug bill is about $10 a month, so I'm wondering about the need for all that.
                            A low sugar (<5 g per meal) high vegetable fat (peanut butter, canola oil, olive oil) high starch and low meat (alternate fish and turkey lunch & dinner) diet has knocked my weight chloresterol and tgl numbers down about 30-40 points each. I made it up based on news reports, but if you're interested in a low cost "Mediterranean" diet check out Dr Furman's book which seems to be a good summary of the studies (although his immunity system claims are ****, IMHO,).
                            I'm finishing George Winston's Holly & the Ivy practice, Pictures @ an Exhibition last movement, and am starting Lyapunov's Christmas Night these days. Performance this Christmas was a washout, I was supplanted at both venues. I'm also trying to upgrade a dynaco ST120 transistor amp to have cold Output Transistor bias >20 ma , not going very well with 400 gain transistors instead of the 130-180 specified in the manual. How are your projects going?
                            Last edited by indianajo; 12-26-2014, 10:40 AM.
                            city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Originally posted by seb21051 View Post

Hi Steve, Thanks for the well wishes!

I'm in MI, where most of the streams and creeks have industrial/agricultural runoff.

Allthough I am very close to lake Erie too, the nice fish (Wall Eye) are brutally overfished commercially.

Maybe if I took a little paddle boat out I could convince some Asian Carp to jump into the boat.
                              Ha, HA!

Well, if you could manage to capture one of those jumpers (Silver carp can reach 100 lbs.) you would have a few lunches and a couple of dinners taken care of!

As filter-feeders, the Silvers will not have accumulated a lot of toxins in their flesh, but (as with any carp species) there are a lot of bones to be dealt with.
                              'Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.' --N. Bonaparte

My friends call me Steve, won't you be my friend?
                              The cast, in order of appearance:
                              Kawai K5, Yamaha PSR-85, Thomas Trianon A-6820, Gulbransen 621-K, Conn 580 T-2, GEM WK1 ST
                              Hammond H-112, Ser. #16518, from 8/16/1971
                              Oh, and let's don't forget the Jaymar!

Comment

Working...
                              X