Ebay Classic organs

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using OPM to buy yourself a $65,000 Xmas present . . . (or at least how i did it).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blhristov View Post
    Tell'im to eat his diploma http://www.livestrong.com/article/25...plaque/#page=1
    There are numerous publications on that matter. But diet(fiber & fish) is very important for the decomposition too. I'm not a doctor though.
    Hi Boyan, would you happen to know of any scientifically recognised papers on the subject? Just like you I find plenty of anecdotal evidence, but very little hard science to back it up.

In any case, I found a list of 21 substances that are purported to help, and find that I already take two thirds of them. We eat curry with turmeric twice a week, fish once, lots of veggies, lean meat, no rice or potatoes. I do not add salt to my food, and I take no sugar. From my perspective the enemy is highly refined and processed starches (donuts, cakes, pizza, white bread), hydrogenated anything, etc.

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/21...clog-arteries/
    Stefan.

E-133, T-524, R-182, M3, M-111, M-101, H-112, L-143, C-2, HR-40.

Comment

Hi Jo, thanks for the well wishes!

The Diet my wife and I can do; the exercising is more difficult (arthritic hips). We love to go dancing, but the last few months I last about 5 minutes on the floor, and even with prophylactic painkillers. the pain is intense. I do take take our Pug for his daily walk of about a quarter of mile, but thats it.

As regards music, I have hooked up with a guitar playing friend, dumped one of the organs in his basement, and we are starting to practice weekly. In the near future i will take my drums and some amps over there as well. My playing is extremely rudimentary (I stick to the white notes), so hopefully with the motivation to jam I shall go back and learn some more chords.

With my right eye healing from the cataract surgery I am slowly getting to be able to read more, which is also good. I still have many little electronics projects I want to do. One of these will be to to put an AO-44 and its tank into one of my M3s. Also want to figure out what is the best Vibrato (Scanner fed or SS) to put in the R-182. I now have this M3, an M-100 and an L-100 standing next to each other in the barn. Very interesting to compare their sounds; each has their charm, without a doubt.

The big project next summer will be to put an AO-29 into the C-2, an AO-44 + tank and the two speed leslie from my (rather disappointing) Aurora, yielding a complete hodge-podge instrument. Also thinking of building a few Arduino based rhythm boxes. The design is ongoing.

The Volvo needs some electrical attention, and I think I have a wheel bearing going on it. Also need to put the two stage snowblower back together.

I'm glad you diet is so effective, and that your pharma requirements are so small! I was a tad surprised by your high starch dietary component. Hopefully this is starch in its most basic, difficult to digest form. Not the highly refined and processed stuff responsible for our nation's diabetic and obesity problems.

Regarding medicare: my wife becomes eligible in about six months, and I in 14. From the scale of my pharma requirements, Part D would be a necessity, i think. I still have some research to do on the subject.

I remain impressed by your repertoire! Also hoping that you will one day record something for us to listen to.

The Bias current with devices more than twice the gain of the originals I can see could be a problem. Would 50mA not be acceptable?

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by SBurton View Post
      Ha, HA!

Well, if you could manage to capture one of those jumpers (Silver carp can reach 100 lbs.) you would have a few lunches and a couple of dinners taken care of!

As filter-feeders, the Silvers will not have accumulated a lot of toxins in their flesh, but (as with any carp species) there are a lot of bones to be dealt with.
      Hi Steve,

Carp I know quite well from South Africa. We used to catch them in the rivers with another fish called a Kurper. the carp has large bones, easily separated from the flesh, and handy to keep as toothpicks.

The wife and I are going up to Detroit's Eastern Market this morning to look for some lake Whitefish, and possible some of Boyan's Cod, better curry, etc.
      Stefan.

Comment

Originally posted by seb21051 View Post
        Hi Boyan, would you happen to know of any scientifically recognised papers on the subject? Just like you I find plenty of anecdotal evidence, but very little hard science to back it up.

In any case, I found a list of 21 substances that are purported to help, and find that I already take two thirds of them. We eat curry with turmeric twice a week, fish once, lots of veggies, lean meat, no rice or potatoes. I do not add salt to my food, and I take no sugar. From my perspective the enemy is highly refined and processed starches (donuts, cakes, pizza, white bread), hydrogenated anything, etc.

http://www.naturallivingideas.com/21...clog-arteries/
        No, not really, except the diet thing but you do it anyway, because I'm not an MD and I can't really judge what is recognized, where and why more than Google. Trust your Doc and your Angel Guardian.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your hips. My knees have no cartledge, and have bone spurs to boot, from the 18 years of running in combat boots required by the Army. Last winter the pain was so bad I joined the 24 hour Anytime gym down the street, because I couldn't ride my exercycle anymore. They have a hand crank resistance machine, and a rowing machine, but I couldn't get my heart rate up over 90 with either for the first month. But I did do the cycle of all the arm machines, 25-30 reps fast, and built up my arm and shoulder muscles enough that by mid January I was able to get the heart rate up over 120 on the hand crank machine. I can get 150 or more on a bicycle, but considering my age, 120 kept me from totally deteriorating over winter. Some of the 120 bpm was enough to rebuild the endomorphine enough where I could bend my knees walking again by February.
          This year I was riding 60-80 miles a week on my bicycle to my country property and to the grocery store 7 miles away, so the knees pretty much stopped paining me. I'm still good this winter, I'm able do do 120-150 bpm on the exercycle for 30 minutes 5 times a week, so despite the spurs in the X-rays (the bike bucked me off face first on the pavement) my knees don't hurt that much. I'm also doing some pilates arm things with a 5 lb weight, old man pushups (hands on a stack chair arm) and old man situps (halfway up). I'm still losing muscle mass in the arms and shoulders, maybe I should thing about the gym again.
          I eat a lot of "bad" starch, but so do the Italians with their spaghetti. 8 slices of low suger no high fructose corn syrup Italian bread a day (low sugar peanut butter sugarfree jelly sandwich, meat sandwich lunch & dinner) and about half the time a 10" flour only pancake with olivio and sugar free syrup for breakfast. I eat a salad two meals a day, low sugar dressing, (soybean oil) and this year I've added kale to the salad instead of all iceberg lettuce. That is based on Dr. Furman's TV show, I missed the "cruciform vegetable" news report. His book is http://www.amazon.com/Super-Immunity...ds=furman+diet $1.95 used. I haven't read it but I watched the TV show. I added some nuts (almonds) to my diet, and some berries (blue when I afford it, $4 a pound is too much) as a result of the TV show, but I came up with the low sugar diet on my own when I tested diabetic in 2008. I lost 20 lb the first two years , knocked chloresterol down from 215 to 198, and the diabetes number down from 7.0 to 6.0, with balogna and weiner (pork and chicken fat mostly) sandwiches the first four years. There was some old beef 2008-2011, but there is nothing inexpensive now, old beef is $4 a lb. The Physician took me off the diabetes pills in 2010. This summer at 40 lb down (175) I was having chest pains sitting around watching TV, not when riding the bike up hills with 4 gallon water/soda water, pulse 160. I think that pain was probably a pinched lung lobe like I used to get when I was a teenager, but I decided to swap the $1 a lb balogna/weiners for $3 a lb tuna fish and $4 a lb turkey sandwich meat. That pulled my chloresterol down to 175 this October, but the diabetes number is back up to 6.2 so I am back on diabetes pills again for the first time in four years.
          Nice you have a friend to play with. All my friends on the music committee at church are stuck in a music rut informed by their experiences at church camp when they were teenagers, and I scorn their 40 song playlist. Also, they traded in the Hammond organ and moved the US made piano to the fellowship hall, so there isn't anything at church I will play or even sing with. They spent so much on Japanese toys and sound equipment, they need to hire some japanese men to do the singing. I've played some at the charity dinner downtown on a nice 60's Baldwin piano, but nobody sings or even listens. Good for my shyness, though, to know nobody is listening. Sometimes a helper will clap or dance to the Scott Joplin piece or pieces.
          I enjoy tough written music, like I hear on the record, but I can't boogie or improvise for ****. In addition to all the hymns in the book I practiced this advent, I tried "We Wish you a Merry Christmas" and "Chestnuts by an open Fire" by ear a few times. I can pick out suitable chords in three or four tries, but I can't remember them for the next time I try it, without writing it down. I've never seen a Christmas fake book, or even an organ newbie book, used. I'm not paying $40 for a fake book, I'm going to learn to play by ear!!! In case I go legally blind like my Grandfather and Father.
          The amp is 7 transistors per channel, but had crossover distortion cold and soft by design. Djoffe came up with a closed loop feed back circuit involving 7 TO92 transistors but when I checked it after I kicked it and broke a wire, it was running 250 ma OT idle current. I had fans on the OT flange, no damage, but I've shorted a sense transistor once, and this time the sense transistor had come unmatched from its mirror one so perhaps SOA limit was violated? http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid...beautiful.html
          So I decided to try pwg tang's modification to put something conventional in the bias control circuit. http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid...-st-120-a.html
          That required cutting a land on the original ST120 boards, so I built a copy on laminate board. The MPS8099 I used as the input transistor was running Vce 0.3, and the TIP41C I was using for the VAS was running 0.4 v Vce. So only the top half wave of the radio signal was getting through. I'm posting to that second thread if you are interested, nobody on diyaudio.com is. I've got the input transistor passing music, but the op point is bouncing between 3 Vdc and 47 Vdc at about 5 seconds per oscillation, so I'm scratching my head at this point. Thermal oscillation of gain? This amp has no center tap transformer, so conventional speaker burner direct drive circuits around CT are not an option. Besides, this amp has set itself on fire without hurting my $120 used speaker, so I really like speaker cap designs, Talk to me on the pwg tang thread on diyaudio if you are interested.
          Have a fun winter. Now just in time for the black spots in my eyes, cheap big screen HD TV's and computer displays. Its a great time to be getting old. Sugar free red velvet cake came out for the holiday, whoopee.
          city Hammond H-182 organ (2 ea),A100,10-82 TC, Wurlitzer 4500, Schober Recital Organ, Steinway 40" console , Sohmer 39" pianos, Ensoniq EPS, ; country Hammond H112

Comment

Hi Jo, I have some surgery follow ups, etc. Will sit down thereafter and work on responding to your post.
            Stefan.

Comment

Stefan, I'm glad to hear your on the upswing. My dad was diabetic and had triple bypass at age 62. He passed at age 90. So you have a long road ahead. I'm glad Obama helped. Myself, I search for health care and the insurance companies tell me I qualify for medicaid. Wisconsin does not offer medicaid so I'm breaking the law by not having insurance. The only quotes I get are close to my annual Social Security income. My choices are starving and homeless versus paying tribute to those that wager over human infirmity. Mindless economics. I'm glad it worked out for you. I wish you many years and many Hammonds.
              C3, Leslie 720, A100, E100, Have owned L100 and M3, http://soundcloud.com/twiggybush

Comment

Originally posted by Twiggybush View Post
                ...so I'm breaking the law by not having insurance....
                And if you go to prison, you get free healthcare.
                Too bad you're not an illegal immigrant, then you would have it made.

Originally posted by Twiggybush View Post
                I wish you many years and many Hammonds.
                Have you seen dude's organ list? El hoarder grande!
                'Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.' --N. Bonaparte

My friends call me Steve, won't you be my friend?
                The cast, in order of appearance:
                Kawai K5, Yamaha PSR-85, Thomas Trianon A-6820, Gulbransen 621-K, Conn 580 T-2, GEM WK1 ST
                Hammond H-112, Ser. #16518, from 8/16/1971
                Oh, and let's don't forget the Jaymar!

Comment

Pretty funny Steve, I think you've got something there. Prison would offer food,housing and health care. It would beat going to the airport for my free chest xray and I'd no longer have to scream 'Allah be praised' when I need a free colonoscopy. Illegal immigrant, hmmm? Hows that work?
                  C3, Leslie 720, A100, E100, Have owned L100 and M3, http://soundcloud.com/twiggybush

Comment

Hi Twig!, Thanks for the Well Wishes!
                    Stefan.

Comment

Working...
                    X