Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Identify 4x6v6 tube amp and locate a schematic...Lowery?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify 4x6v6 tube amp and locate a schematic...Lowery?

Mitaud,

Welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, we are going to need a bit more to go off then that. A picture, some additional description, something.

Hope its not your last post.
    “There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.”
    “What I have achieved by industry and practice, anyone else with tolerable natural gift and ability can also achieve.”
    Johann Sebastian Bach

(at Home) Conn 645 Theater Deluxe
    (at Church) 1836 E. & G.G. Hook Bros, Opus 26

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mitaud View Post
        Certainly a man of very few words.... Thanks for the picture though.

That amp looks like it belonged to a tube radio. I can see a Phillips 5-pin jack and only one 12AU7. Looks very small too... I had one similar which I discarded after pilfering the tubes.... Hmmm

Nico
        "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

That would have been a fine radio....I was told by the guy I bought it from that it was Lowery; I figured one of the gents here would know immediately. I have been looking for a mate to my 4x6v6 Espey amp; this was relatively "inexpensive" so I thought to pair it up. It plays well. I just want a schem' for my piling system.

Thanks fot looking...Glen

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, thats "pileing;' system

Comment

Originally posted by mitaud View Post
            That would have been a fine radio....I was told by the guy I bought it from that it was Lowery; I figured one of the gents here would know immediately. I have been looking for a mate to my 4x6v6 Espey amp; this was relatively "inexpensive" so I thought to pair it up. It plays well. I just want a schem' for my piling system.

Thanks fot looking...Glen

- - - Updated - - -

sorry, thats "pileing;' system
            Hi Glen. Thanks. I have an old Lowrey DSO-1 whhich has a very fine tube amp. However, I cannot remember enough to compare the general layout but will do so once I can wade through the pile o f other stuff and open the back. Meanwhile I recommend you browse the web for any Lowrey schematics on tube models (all those without the T in the model number) I have learnt on this forum that the T represents the transistorized amps so you can ignore those. I would start with the oldest models you can find on the lists. I have found a few service manuals on this site http://www.lowreyforum.com/lowreymanuals.htm. Thank goodness for Google...!
            Good hunting.

Nico
            "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Working...
            X