This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• manuscript, paper or electronic.

Hello all, well I've started playing the organ after a 30 ish year break.
    I've dug out all my old music and dumped it on top of the organ (ar100)
    What a nice looking organ with a mess of music stuck on the top!
    Has any one got a screen and Brower set up on top of the organ to bring back the nice clean look.
    That way I can have a million songs at hand any time I want.
    Sorry if this has been discussed before and everyone does this apart from me
    Regards
    Warren

Hi, Warren - For a long time I've been interested in scanning my music into PDF so I could use my 22" touch screen monitor on the piano, and now on an organ. I've never managed to find it as productive as printing or copying what I need at any given time. (I was brought up to think that it's a SIN to write in a music book and was SHOCKED that other folks weren't taught this.)

It was a 30+ year break for me. I have a piano that I've been dragging around with me since my early twenties and ignoring otherwise. Then fate struck when my sister decided I needed an organ and gave me an M3 for my birthday. That was a year-and-a-half ago... and six organs ago. There's an almost 40 year gap between my oldest organ and my newest. Maybe I should spend more time practicing and less time obtaining organs.

22 or 24" is about what you need to make it look like a hymnal or music book and show two pages. The monitor can be also be rotated to be in portrait mode, so a 17" monitor would do for a single page.

Finding a program for Windows that will let you advance ONE page instead of jumping to the next two is a bit of a task. I found one Metro app, but haven't seen it or found it since I upgraded to Windows 10.

So for me, it's just a sideline activity. I still use paper and if I want a copy, it's often times faster to use Windows search and then print the PDF than try to find the book I copied it from.
    -- I'm Lamar -- 1967 Allen TC-4 Classic, 1899 Kimball mirrored high top
    -- Rodgers W5000, Roland RD300nx, Juno DS-61/88 - 1975 Conn 643 Theater - 1959 Hammond M3
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Comment

Originally posted by Silken Path View Post
      I was brought up to think that it's a SIN to write in a music book and was SHOCKED that other folks weren't taught this.) .
      What??? I actively encourage all my students to write in their books. They are going to need far more than the bare 'dots' to play a polished arrangement. Everything needs to be in there, additional phrasings, articulations, altered chords, extra dynamics (some music books have none!), tempo and tempo changes. Registration change points.... The list goes on.

Just think, a professional violinist in an orchestra might start with a pure virgin copy, but by the end of the first rehearsal, that piece will have lots of annotations written in!

OK, there are a few higher grade classical students who have paid out a lot for a full set of Mozart Sonatas or whatever, and I might draw the line there and get them to photocopy the pieces and write on those, but everyone else gets scribbling.

On topic, I did try the scan and use the electronic display option, when I reviewed the Musicpad Pro system a few years back, but I wasn't convinced. Most of the pieces I buy now are digital downloads, I'll print them out, annotate as required, then make a copy of the 'final' score, putting one away for safe keeping.
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Warren, the Windows "modern" (metro) app that allows single-page tap-to-advance is "Analog Book Reader"

Andy, it was particularly sinful if the book did not belong to me.
        -- I'm Lamar -- 1967 Allen TC-4 Classic, 1899 Kimball mirrored high top
        -- Rodgers W5000, Roland RD300nx, Juno DS-61/88 - 1975 Conn 643 Theater - 1959 Hammond M3
        -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Comment

Andy, it was particularly sinful if the book did not belong to me.
          Ah, that's different!
          It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
          Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
          Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
          Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

http://www.staffpad.net
            -Admin

Allen 965
            Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
            Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
            Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              Wow!! Thanks admin. I now know what to give my lovely wife for Christmas.

Nico

- - - Updated - - -

There's an almost 40 year gap between my oldest organ and my newest. Maybe I should spend more time practicing and less time obtaining organs.
              A truer word was never spoken - especially to yours truly who suffers from the same syndrome... A point well made! Thanks

Nico
              "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Working...
              X