This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello !

Just introducing myself. I'm David from the UK. I have played on and off for 36 years. I moved from organ to keyboard but in a few days I'm getting an old Technics ex35. Hope my left foot can still find its way round the pedalboard !

Originally posted by david67 View Post
    Just introducing myself. I'm David from the UK. I have played on and off for 36 years. I moved from organ to keyboard but in a few days I'm getting an old Technics ex35. Hope my left foot can still find its way round the pedalboard !
    Hi David and welcome to this forum of whit and wisdom!

I have also just aquired the same model (HX-EX35) which had become redundant at our church. The speakers are faulty but I want to use it as a Midi device for a Virtual Organ. They actually very nice instruments with lots and lots of modern features. Please do look for the User Manual on the web. I found one but if you are unable to and did not get one from the seller I would be glad to send you the file.

Enjoy your new toy!
    Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Welcome back from keyboard to organ! It won't take too long to convert back, I'm sure, and that left foot will be tapping away at the (correct) pedals in no time. Just make sure that you're sitting in the right place, at the right height to be comfortable - that's vital, especially when you haven't done it for a while. When relaxed, your right forearm should be sloping slightly downwards to your wrist, your left forearm a little more. Your left foot should be just high enough to swing over the pedals and at rest, with your left leg hanging naturally, your left foot should be over the G pedal, ready to tap it down.

Let us know how you get on.
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Welcome to the forum, David! Technics is one of the finest makes of modern home organs ever made! Technics puts an entire orchestra at your fingertips! Enjoy!
        Denise

You are never too young or old to enjoy playing the organ!

There's no right or wrong way, it's however YOU want to play!

Current Organs:
        Technics SX-GA3
        Technics SX-EA1
        Magnus chord organ, model unknown
        Lowrey TG-1 Magic Teenie Genie (recently given by a friend)

Past Organs:
        Lowrey TG-1 Magic Teenie Genie
        Magnus 8200 chord organ

Organ Lessons on Yamaha Electone HS6 in 1998-99

Comment

Working...
        X