ID:	612116
    -Admin

Allen 965
    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
    Hauptwerk 4.2

Originally posted by Admin View Post
    Sometimes you can get too much of good thing
    If all those are no-no's then I am wondering what pieces are allowed to be played.... Hmmmm. Thanks Admin for a bit of (black) humor!

Nico
    "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Maybe this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRbMXti-yvk
      It's not what you play. It's not how you play. It's the fact that you're playing that counts.

New website now live - www.andrew-gilbert.com

Current instruments: Roland Atelier AT900 Platinum Edition, Yamaha PSR-S970, Kawai K1m
      Retired Organs: Lots! Kawai SR6 x 2, Hammond L122, T402, T500 x 2, X5. Conn Martinique and 652. Gulbransen 2102 Pacemaker. Kimball Temptation.
      Retired Leslies, 147, 145 x 2, 760 x 2, 710, 415 x 2.
      Retired synths: Korg 700, Roland SH1000, Jen Superstringer, Kawai S100F, Kawai S100P, Kawai K1

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post

Crafty and appropriate. Someone left Dracula's cage open!
        Thanks
        Nico
        "Don't make war, make music!" Hammonds, Lowreys, Yamaha's, Gulbransens, Baldwin, Technics, Johannus. Reed organs. Details on request...

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
          Sometimes you can get too much of good thing
          Great cartoon.
          -------

Hammond M-102 #21000.
          Leslie 147 #F7453 in the queue.
          Hammond S-6 #72421

Comment

*stolen*

Comment

In the past, when I gigged a rack of synths, at Halloween parties I would dial up a giant pipe organ patch, play the notorious opening few bars of the Tocatta and slide into Monster Mash ( sung hilariously badly by the former bass player), and finish it with "Vellcome to za Hotel Trrron-zilll-waaaaay-nyuhhhh".

It was always a big hit, fat tip jar.

J
              1956 Hammond C3
              1922 Kimball 5 foot grand piano
              1985 Yamaha DX7 Mk. I
              Roland SH-101, JV-880, JV-1080, VR-760
              Leslie 147
              Previously owned: 1961 Hammond M3, Gulbransen Paragon, RMI 368 ElectraPiano, Farfisa Compact Duo, Roland EP-09 piano, and Crumar DS-2 syth-like object, 1940-ish Hammond Model D, 1975 Rhodes 73 Mark I Stage Piano.

Comment

Originally posted by andyg View Post

Too much. I always wondered what the folks on the L. Welk show were taking - they seem WAY too happy, if understand my meaning.

Comment

I think maybe you've just crossed the line.

Comment

Sweet Jesus, and here I always thought it was the Champagne bubbles.
                    -Admin

Allen 965
                    Zuma Group Midi Keyboard Encoder
                    Zuma Group DM Midi Stop Controller
                    Hauptwerk 4.2

Comment

To pinch from Douglas Adams:
                      "If you are tired of Tocatta in Dm you are tired of life."
                      -1958 Hofner 550 archtop guitar -1959 C3 and PR40- -1964 Busillachio Harmonium- -1964 M101-
                      -1967ish Leslie 122- -1975 T500 (modded..chopped, and reassembled!)-
                      -DIY 760 FrankenLeslie/rat hideout-
                      -1980 Electrokey Electric Piano- -Yamaha electric Harmonium (early 80's?)-
                      -1990 Jansen GMF150 amp- -1992 Korg 01W/fd- -1992 G&L S-500 geetar.

Comment

Last edited by Admin; 10-29-2015, 05:38 AM.
                        My MIDI controlled, module and software driven virtual 'organ' thread is here: http://www.organforum.com/forums/sho...l=1#post427320

Comment

My favorite part of the show was when Lawrence got into the polka mode - it was as if someone put lit sparklers in his pants. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdhlJI8jaAs

The show seems funny now, but those guys were all good musicians. Where else can an accordionist get a steady job?

Comment

No mistaking that Hammond sound in the last clip...

Back to the Phantom - any other of you "foreigners" of which I am one, ever had the priveledge to see the Phantom of the Opera at the Queens theater in London? I was lucky enough to see it with Sarah Brightman singing the lead role - just brilliant, even if I cannot remember the orchestra or the actor in the Phantom role. It was around 1987 or thereabouts, I think. I do remember what I had to fork out for a ticket though - a small fortune!! . And worth every cent (penny).
                            Nico

Comment

I saw it in the early 1990s, but no Sarah Brightman... however, I had the honour to sing the parts of Christine some time later in an amateur performance. And I couldn't resist playing some of the music on the church pipe organ, but I had asked the pastor beforehand if I was allowed to do so and he said, yes, I could practice, but please not play the pieces during service

Comment

Working...
                              X