No announcement yet.

Organs incidentally shown or heard in media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And in the movie "The Pink Panther Strikes Again" you hear Herbert Lom play an excerpt from Bach's Fantasy in G Minor and Tiptoe Through The Tulips.
    Last edited by sandstone42; 03-01-2021, 05:15 PM.

Comment

• I call this "Death at the organ" or "bored to death (at sermon)" or "sleeping on the job". Taken from PBS Mystery Series: "Endeavour" Season 5 Episode 2 Cartouche @ 42:50 timeline. I can't seem to post a direct Click image for larger version

Name:	Death at the organ.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	139.8 KB
ID:	760147 video link. I watched the movie on Amazon Prime Video.
    Lloyd

Happily retired organist/pianist from the Church of the Brethren...Allen ADC-4300-DK.
    Home...Wurlitzer (ES) Orgatron Series 20 Serial #11608 (retrofitted with MIDI and VPO-Hauptwerk) with Leslie 44W (shorty).
    Hammond BC Serial #5070 with Leslie 31A (tallboy) tone cabinet
    A.L. Swan antique pump organ (C.1852) Cherry Valley NY
    Member of the Lutheran Church (LCMS): traditional worship. Cleveland Clinic Spiritual Care volunteer with the chaplain's office.

Comment

• lcid - that's a good one. Here's one from the closing of the "Rosalie" 1937.
      From Rosalie 1937

In this scene, the West Point Cadets (all white, of course) are marching up the stairs past a series of organists at circular consoles with highly stylized pipes.
      -- I'm Lamar -- Allen TC-4 Classic project, 1899 Kimball project
      -- Rodgers W5000, Juno DS-61/88, FA-06 - Conn 643 - Hammond M3, E112, L-102
      -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Comment

• I don't recall if anyone mentioned The Beverly Hillbillies episodes from Season 1. I think it was around Episode 15 at 2:42 or so, when the family returns to Kentucky, and Pearl (& Jethrine) attempt to woo a husband with her organ playing and singing. The pump organ looks a bit like a Shoninger, but I can't be sure from the angle shown.

Michael
        Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
        • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
        • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
        • 11 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 7 Pianos

Comment

• SchnarrHorn
          SchnarrHorn commented
          Editing a comment
          Season 1 was the best !!

George
      Working...
      X