Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMF
    replied
    In "Big Crime" a 1954 episode of Dragnet Joe Friday and his partner go to a bar to interview a registered sex offender regarding the disappearance of two little girls. The suspect works as an organist in the bar. Friday mentions the Hammond Organ in his narration. The Organ appears to be a C-2 and the suspect keeps playing while answering Friday's questions beginning at 7:44.

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    commented on 's reply
    Think of that -- and then there's a guy playing a biniou or something!

• RogerM
    commented on 's reply
    Very enjoyable video and what a surprise at 3:33.

• John Edelmann
    replied
    So .. I was catching up on some Secret Garden you tube videos, and was watching "Behind the Scenes - Voyage" where they show the instrumentalists playing, etc. I saw what to me was a first at 3:33 on the video! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC40RC3a4Bg

Leave a comment:

• Silken Path
    replied
    While You Were Sleeping - 1995 - Bill Pullman and Sandra Bullock - Lovely then and still lovely. Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2020-04-25-13h43m32s384.png
Views:	89
Size:	408.9 KB
ID:	728401

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Larry,

You're right. I was posting from memory, and didn't correct it. I suppose I could now, but....

Michael

• Larrytow
    commented on 's reply
    I have not watched 20,000 leagues in many years, but I do really like it. Pretty fancy submarine, and an organ - in the same movie ! The photo of the keydesk does not suggest "theater-style" console to me though. At least I've never seen a theater organ with drawknobs ?

• guylavoie
    replied
    There are a few brief appearances of a Hammond B3, no less, in the Grease movie (1978). you can see it on the left of the band stand during the school dance.

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    Two more interesting cases -- literally Guessing A Day Of Terror was shot in a real church and the episode had an actual organ lover behind it.
    Incidentally, I have an edition of the complete Beethoven's 5th symphony arranged for piano solo by one of the great pianists of 100+ years ago -- to which somebody has meticulously added guitar chords throughout

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    replied
    Today on Decades TV (oldies), their first episode of The Big Valley–A Day of Terror featured the Barkley ladies being held hostage in their church. In the choir loft (where half of the action took place), there was a pump organ in the loft with a façade of real pipe organ pipes on either side. It was never played, but it was quite interesting to see.

Last night I watched the original 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea on a DVD I had purchased a while ago. I know it has already been mentioned in this thread, but I found it quite interesting that the organ employed was a 3-manual with pistons under the keyboards, a threatre-style console, and a mish mash of pipes on top of the organ (like an Estey pipe top pump organ). What was even more interesting was the rendition of Bach's Toccata in d minor. It sounded like it was an arrangement utilizing chords instead of Bach's original. I know the organist (Capt. Nemo) wasn't playing, but he didn't even move for the pedal solo.

Michael
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.18.07 PM.png
Views:	139
Size:	420.6 KB
ID:	724708Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.18.00 PM.png
Views:	125
Size:	376.8 KB
ID:	724709Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 2.21.18 PM.png
Views:	125
Size:	367.4 KB
ID:	724710

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    My goodness, what a find. Looks like real elements thrown together, maybe a 3-manual Conn with additions -- a production shot no less! I knew somebody with one of those in his living room years ago.

Leave a comment:

• Silken Path
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	bat.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	724535

Batman and Robin on the rotisserie.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    commented on 's reply
    Hot dog, you did it. Boffo!

• Leisesturm
    replied
    Originally posted by Victor Jules View Post
    That, afuller5, is fascinating -- almost incredible!. I don't suppose you remember any of the questions -- or shall we say answers? Google and Youtube are no help at all here, and I'm the master searcher.
    I do love a challenge ...

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    That, afuller5, is fascinating -- almost incredible!. I don't suppose you remember any of the questions -- or shall we say answers? Google and Youtube are no help at all here, and I'm the master searcher.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X