Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    Good finds, gang -- keep them coming!

Leave a comment:

• steerpike
    replied
    Originally posted by chrisn9008 View Post
    Just thought of another...There was an old Lowrey (I Think) in the funeral chapel in the US series Six feet under
    There was a wonderful scene where Arthur Martin - the apprentice - plays "Raindrops on Roses" on the chapel organ and Frances Fischer sings along.

In Alex's parents flat/apartment, in A Clockwork Orange, there is a small keyboard: I think it's a Selmer Companion 49, an electric reed organ, from Italy.
    clockwork orange flat scene
    Last edited by steerpike; 12-20-2019, 07:37 AM.

Leave a comment:

• tpappano
    commented on 's reply
    The one I was watching is the 1993 movie with Anjelica Huston and Christina Ricci (as the *adorable* Wednesday) 8)

• Admin
    commented on 's reply
    Mentioned in a previous post here:
    https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...665#post667665

• tpappano
    replied
    I’m surprised this one wasn’t mentioned already- In “Addams Family Values” at the beginning Lurch is playing a two-manual “pipe” organ. It looks like the console might be cobbled up from reed organ parts. A little later during Fester’s outdoor wedding ceremony Lurch plays the wedding march on a single-manual ‘pipe top’ reed organ, which appears to be real.

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    A fabulous concept. Mebbe it's what we're doing in reality!

Leave a comment:

• lizny
    replied
    Ah, yes the notation is supposed to represent her existential warping of physics through music

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    Now there's a truly fanciful depiction -- not only of an organ but of the hilarious fake notation popular culture has always featured -- the notable exception being Schroeder's toy piano playing, natch

Leave a comment:

• lizny
    replied
    This one is a far reach, but it is dearly beloved by me. I've read it faithfully first thing in the morning for more than a decade. It takes place in a world where mad scientists rule (badly!). A scientist with a true Spark of madness can warp reality.

In this scene, our heroine is defending her friends in a traveling circus from attack by the Baron Wolfenbach by controlling robotic circus wagons with the music from a theatre organ.

http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20061229
    http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20070117

The story starts here, should you be so inclined: http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/comic.php?date=20021104
    organs, alas, do not figure prominently although one or two show up in the background.
    Last edited by lizny; 11-20-2019, 09:48 AM. Reason: added later strip with front view

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    Another miracle has struck. In Pollyanna (1960 Disney movie), does anybody remember the arresting shot where a pump organ suddenly appears with two hands playing it? As I live and breathe, the actress is actually playing the music being heard (normally impossible hurdle #1) and it SOUNDS LIKE A PUMP ORGAN in the music track (#2) -- they didn't replace it with an electronic as I'd expected.

Leave a comment:

• Silken Path
    commented on 's reply
    Actually I think the organ belonged to the Germans or Swedes. The Russians were busy mending their nets and the Mongols wanted them to join the Horde.

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    How odd! Our Symphony conductor is conducting in a couple of the videos. I now remember receiving the link a couple of months ago because of the organ, and he wanted to share it with me.

Small world! Thanks for sharing, Admin.

Michael

• Victor Jules
    replied
    OMG, it's great! (Admin and everybody!) Have watched the 1st 2 videos and am launching into the 3rd -- amazing stuff including his wonderful passion for the Wurli. (He says he doesn't play -- could have fooled me?)
    I'm a movie addict and I love anything about MAKING movies. He's saved and lavishly restored a theater organ, I guess we can forgive him for gutting a pump organ THANKS, Admin.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X