Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Madison
    commented on 's reply
    You beat me to it on the carnival of souls i discovered it this july and by the looks of it its a good film.

• Ben Madison
    replied
    Does "Carnival of Souls" 1962 ring any bells. The wes cravin remake was trash on disk.

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    replied
    Just today, my wife was watching her Poi Rot series based on the Agatha Christie series. While Poi Rot is talking to someone during the church scene of the Snip-Snap movie, the pipe organ is heard in the background until it stops. You then see the organist close her music, and leave the pump organ she's been playing!

I do wish producers would pay attention to detail.

Michael

Leave a comment:

• johnbeetem
    commented on 's reply
    That wonderfully sinister "Wizards" image was rotoscoped from "Alexander Nevsky" (1938), as was a lot of battle and armor imagery.

• Papus
    replied
    Doctor Who: The Pyramids Of Mars 1975

Click image for larger version

Name:	doctorwho-pyramidsofmars2.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	664965

Name:	doctorwho-pyramidsofmars6.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	664966

And who could forget Monty Python & The Holy Grail "Intermission Music"...

https://youtu.be/O0wOD9TWynM

And the snippet of Deep Purple live at the California Jam in the movie "Twister" 1996....

Leave a comment:

• Silken Path
    replied
    From the 1977 animated movie "Wizards"

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-09-08-12h16m16s252.png
Views:	157
Size:	309.0 KB
ID:	664887

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    Here's something intriguing -- a stylish modern (circa 1950? 1935?) major recording studio in East Germany with a disused pipe organ across one wall:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_i0oAFB6Kg

Any knowledge out there of details on this instrument and why it's (as he states) not functional? Guess it's likely to be Rieger-Kloss.

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    More crumbs on The Abominable Dr. Phibes, of which I'm hardly a fan: he was a concert organist before the loss of his wife. There are at least two other beautiful classical-type pieces heard in the music track -- a baroque type number at 58:53 and 117:15, a lovely 3/4 adagio at 59:46. If anybody can identify these as non-Kirchin I'd be most grateful!

Speaking of which -- didn't somebody else ask for help in identifying a piece in this thread, but got no answers? Know I saw it, can't find it.

Just watched the whole flick for the firstime in YT, where a commenter states "I actually knew the guy who played the organ in the opening. His name was Dr. Robert Moore Strippy and he passed away just the other week and I attended his funeral this past Saturday."
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QfsQB_He0g&t=4748s

Wikipedia confirms Dr. Strippy and says "The organ used is the New York Paramount theater organ, now in the Century II Center in Wichita, Kansas".

Leave a comment:

• Barnaby Page
    replied
    Hi Victor, I can't figure out a way to share it on here - it's too long for a comment or an attachment, and it doesn't look like just anyone can start a blog. But if you give me an email address I'll be happy to send it

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    commented on 's reply
    OMG, what next! Interesting!

Why don't you post your article in Organforum -- I see they allow 'blogs' here, so you could presumably create one, paste in the whole thing and notify us in this thread.

• Barnaby Page
    replied
    I wrote a piece for Organists' Review a few years ago on organs in the movies - I can probably find you a PDF if you're interested.

A couple of other nice, more incidental, cases:

• There's an episode of The Walking Dead where they dismantle an organ in a deserted church, using the pipes to fight off the zombies!

• And the new Elton John movie, Rocketman, features the Royal Academy of Music's new organ (partially funded by and dedicated to Elton) in the background of a scene where the young Elton gets his first piano lesson at the Academy. Completely anachronistic but a sweet touch.

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    In this Addams Family documentary Herman Munster is seen sitting sideways at a pump organ for about a second at 30:11:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsJ168b5PE8

Leave a comment:

• Hamman
    commented on 's reply
    Wow...it looks like that organ morphs into a piano case

• tpappano
    replied
    I'm sitting here watching "Blood Legacy", aka. "Legacy of Blood" (1971) and a scene in a living or music room includes what appears to be a Hammond C3 and (I think) a JR-20 or PR-20 tone cabinet. Also a grand piano in the room. No one has played it yet but still an hour to go 8)

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Reginald Foort toured with a Möller pipe organ: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Foort
    and recently there was a thread about another person who had a transportable pipe organ, perhaps in a trailer.

Michael
Working...
X