Organs incidentally shown or heard in media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Folks,

Oddly enough, I just saw a pump organ on Trebek's tribute on Jeopardy. Merv Griffin's son told how he remembered his father writing the theme to Jeopardy on Marlin Brando's old piano. They then showed the "piano" in one of 2 storage units where the son keeps it stored. The son looks like he's playing the theme on the "piano," but as the camera goes down, the case looks very clearly like a piano-cased pump organ.

I wonder why they've never had an organ-related category on the show?

Michael
    Way too many organs to list, but I do have 5 Allens:
    • MOS-2 Model 505-B / ADC-4300-DK / ADC-5400 / ADC-6000 (Symphony) / ADC-8000DKC
    • Lowrey Heritage (DSO-1)
    • 9 Pump Organs, 1 Pipe Organ & 6 Pianos

Comment

• afuller5
      afuller5 commented
      Editing a comment
      Michael,

I remember several years ago "Jeopardy" did have a category about pipe organs. For someone who has played organs and studied about them, all the questions were easy, even for someone like me whose plays mainly home entertainment organs.

Allen

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Allen,

I wonder if they accept viewer submissions for questions? I can think of several, ranging from easy to hard!

Michael

Of course the Count has a pipe organ!

Comment

That, afuller5, is fascinating -- almost incredible!. I don't suppose you remember any of the questions -- or shall we say answers? Google and Youtube are no help at all here, and I'm the master searcher.

Comment

Originally posted by Victor Jules View Post
        That, afuller5, is fascinating -- almost incredible!. I don't suppose you remember any of the questions -- or shall we say answers? Google and Youtube are no help at all here, and I'm the master searcher.
        I do love a challenge ...

Comment

• Victor Jules
          Victor Jules commented
          Editing a comment
          Hot dog, you did it. Boffo!
      Working...
      X