No announcement yet.

Organs incidentally shown or heard in media

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 'bone organ' from The Goonies. Looking this one up I see a lot of people were freaked out by it, while I thought it was cool.

Scooby Doo also plays one in episode 16 to open a secret trap door in the floor.
    Attached Files
    Hammond RT-3, Estey circa 1903, Baldwin Acrosonic spinet piano, Fender Rhodes Mark I 73 stage piano.

Comment

• Organplayer66
      Organplayer66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes that is interesting !

• Originally posted by afuller5 View Post
    Hi all,

There was an episode of The Andy Griffith Show (Season 6, episode 14 according to imdb.com) entitled "The Church Organ" about the church replacing the ailing pump organ with a used electric organ.

Later,
    Allen
    Image of it.
    Attached Files
    Thomas 606 Trianon
    Baldwin 56R
    Chord organs : Bontempi B-9 , Magnus 391
    Church : Wurlitzer 630Ta
    non-working : Wurlitzer Series 45 Electrostatic Reed organ

Comment

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      How odd! The keyboards on that organ are from F>F rather than C>C. I wonder what brand it was–Baldwin?

Michael

• RogerM
      RogerM commented
      Editing a comment
      Picture is not very clear but I would have said E>E, for all the difference it makes.

• myorgan
      myorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      I think you're right Roger. The organ is definitely defective with a range like that!

The first Baldwin tube organ I ever saw was being sold for $200 in town, and I just had to have it! It had pots controlled by Art Deco knobs in the shape of an arrow, and every stop sounded the same (except for pitch). A church bought it, and I'm not sure what's happened to it by now.

It was a full-sized organ with two 61-note keyboards and at least 30 pedals meeting AGO specifications, so I'm not sure of the model.

Michael

• Here you go - The Running Man 1987

Click image for larger version

Name:	RunningMan.png
Views:	29
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	732183
    Attached Files
    -- I'm Lamar -- 1967 Allen TC-4 Classic, 1899 Kimball mirrored high top
    -- Rodgers W5000, Roland RD300nx, Juno DS-61/88 - 1975 Conn 643 Theater - 1959 Hammond M3
    -- Public domain hymn search: https://songselect.ccli.com/search/r...t=publicdomain

Comment

Working...
    X