• Show
Clear All

• Victor Jules
    commented on 's reply
    Hot dog, you did it. Boffo!

• Leisesturm
    replied
    Originally posted by Victor Jules View Post
    That, afuller5, is fascinating -- almost incredible!. I don't suppose you remember any of the questions -- or shall we say answers? Google and Youtube are no help at all here, and I'm the master searcher.
    I do love a challenge ...

Leave a comment:

• Victor Jules
    replied
    That, afuller5, is fascinating -- almost incredible!. I don't suppose you remember any of the questions -- or shall we say answers? Google and Youtube are no help at all here, and I'm the master searcher.

Leave a comment:

• lizny
    replied
    Of course the Count has a pipe organ!

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Allen,

I wonder if they accept viewer submissions for questions? I can think of several, ranging from easy to hard!

Michael

• afuller5
    commented on 's reply
    Michael,

I remember several years ago "Jeopardy" did have a category about pipe organs. For someone who has played organs and studied about them, all the questions were easy, even for someone like me whose plays mainly home entertainment organs.

Allen

• myorgan
    replied
    Folks,

Oddly enough, I just saw a pump organ on Trebek's tribute on Jeopardy. Merv Griffin's son told how he remembered his father writing the theme to Jeopardy on Marlin Brando's old piano. They then showed the "piano" in one of 2 storage units where the son keeps it stored. The son looks like he's playing the theme on the "piano," but as the camera goes down, the case looks very clearly like a piano-cased pump organ.

I wonder why they've never had an organ-related category on the show?

Michael

Leave a comment:

• guylavoie
    replied
    Canadian films aren't all that common enough to include a wide variety of settings, and setting in churches are even rarer. Older films might. I'll keep on the lookout for any sightings.

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    You are correct, Guy. For some reason I was thinking of Laval University in Ste. Foy. Oh, well.

Back on topic, I would imagine there are some Canadian or French films which use those grand pipe organs in Cathedrals there?

Michael

• guylavoie
    replied
    Hi Michael. Yes, it would be "bonne année a toi aussi", I was just trying to be cocky... I'm only starting to figure out what goes where on this forum. Having lots of forums and subforums can make things a bit confusing. I'm new here but have been on forums of all types for many years, even an admin on one. I generally stay away from controversy so being identifiable isn't a problem. Another thing is I don't like doing is hijacking threads, as is happening right now...

I'm in Laval, near Montreal. Quebec city is 3 hours away. But my daughter lives there. Nice place for sure!

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Originally posted by guylavoie
    Is there a section here where people introduce themselves? I just sneaked in quietly...
    Guy,

You already posted in the thread about choosing usernames. (https://organforum.com/forums/forum/...-your-username) I'm not sure, but I believe this thread is private to only Organ Forum users. The Blower Room and Grease Pit are definitely private to Organ Forum users. Generally, I don't post anything personally identifiable here anyway. That doesn't mean someone couldn't connect the dots, but . . . .

I'm only about 5 hours from you, and have visited your fair city (Old QC) many times. We had a white Thanksgiving! I certainly hope you get enough snow for Carnivale there also!

Michael

P.S. Isn't it Bonne année aussi?

• guylavoie
    commented on 's reply
    So tell me a bit about yourself...

• Victor Jules
    replied
    Merci, mon vieux! Sounds you know what you like and are having a great time doing it. There should be a page here for introductions and I feel sure I've seen one but can't find a trace if so. Calling Admin -- is there such a page, and if not it's a great idea?

Leave a comment:

• guylavoie
    commented on 's reply
    Hey! Well we just had our first real snowfall 3 days ago (had a green Christmas). I actually don't play standalone organ all that much. I used to have a Hammond L100 and my own home made Leslie (made mostly of actual Leslie parts). I'm first and foremost a church pianist, been doing so since 1972 (yeah...I'm 61, started at age 13). I've played a bit of pipe organ during one summer on a smaller Casavant. That was loads of fun! Currently at church I play a Yamaha digital piano to which I added a Voce V5 organ module, playing into a recently rebuilt version of my home made Leslie. I put a volume pedal on the organ module, which allows me to fade it in and out at will, along with the full time piano. At home I have a grand piano. I've been working one and off on various electronic projects, some of which are music related.

Is there a section here where people introduce themselves? I just sneaked in quietly...

Bonne année too!

• Victor Jules
    replied
    Yes, we've been wondering that here! Have always assumed it was an actual theater organ but am going to take a wild guess they took pretty average 1960s electronic and tricked it up to look like one.

Welcome aboard, by the way -- I see you're new. How's the weather in Laval? What are you playing, and playing it on? Or have you explained that elsewhere here. Bonne année!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X