Name:	RunningMan.png
Views:	22
Size:	340.4 KB
ID:	732183
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    I think you're right Roger. The organ is definitely defective with a range like that!

The first Baldwin tube organ I ever saw was being sold for $200 in town, and I just had to have it! It had pots controlled by Art Deco knobs in the shape of an arrow, and every stop sounded the same (except for pitch). A church bought it, and I'm not sure what's happened to it by now.

It was a full-sized organ with two 61-note keyboards and at least 30 pedals meeting AGO specifications, so I'm not sure of the model.

Michael

• RogerM
    commented on 's reply
    Picture is not very clear but I would have said E>E, for all the difference it makes.

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    How odd! The keyboards on that organ are from F>F rather than C>C. I wonder what brand it was–Baldwin?

Michael

• Organplayer66
    replied
    Originally posted by afuller5 View Post
    Hi all,

There was an episode of The Andy Griffith Show (Season 6, episode 14 according to imdb.com) entitled "The Church Organ" about the church replacing the ailing pump organ with a used electric organ.

Later,
    Allen
    Image of it.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Organplayer66
    commented on 's reply
    I actually found the episode online I’ll post a picture of it.

• Organplayer66
    commented on 's reply
    Yes that is interesting !

• ChristopherDB113
    replied
    The 'bone organ' from The Goonies. Looking this one up I see a lot of people were freaked out by it, while I thought it was cool.

Scooby Doo also plays one in episode 16 to open a secret trap door in the floor.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Allen,

Yep, I have that one on DVD. I'm not even sure the brand was ever displayed. I wonder what it was? I know it did have lots of Vibrato!

Michael

• afuller5
    replied
    Hi all,

There was an episode of The Andy Griffith Show (Season 6, episode 14 according to imdb.com) entitled "The Church Organ" about the church replacing the ailing pump organ with a used electric organ.

Later,
    Allen

Leave a comment:

• myorgan
    commented on 's reply
    That thing is built like a tank!

Michael

• Organplayer66
    replied
    Mayberry R.F.D Andy and Helen get married
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• samibe
    replied
    The new Maleficent movie has the pipe organ of death. In addition to the three manuals it has two more side manuals.

Mickey's birthday party (1942) has an organ Minnie plays happy birthday on.

Leave a comment:

• RogerM
    commented on 's reply
    Oh, wow! Sgt. Joe Friday was my hero when Dragnet was on TV over here in the 1950s, when I was in my pre-teens. Dragnet and Highway Patrol (with Broderick Crawford as Capt. Dan Matthews) were the programmes to watch but looking back I can't believe how tame they were compared with today's offerings. Well off-topic but I had to say it

• Victor Jules
    commented on 's reply
    What a find -- the organ serving as a 'character' for almost 3 minutes! 'Hammond organ' = product placement?

Nice to see good old Virginia Christine in the thumbnail too. Too bad about the subject matter, brrrr.
Working...
X